Water Lilly......anyone ever got rid of one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Noooo....I am not chopping it up with the wellies, I am wearing the wellies and chopping it up with the spade :blush:
Well that should be easier at least.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I don't envy you Dave. We bought really small lillies from our pond in brum and transplanted them into the much large pond here in Wales. They disappeared when we put them in, but now they are monster plants and now there is no way could we ever get them out.

It's just a case of persistence and hacking away at it I am afraid.

midlife

Guru
Water lillies seem to have taken over our pond, we moved into the house in March of this year and cleared the pond of debris left from a couple of years of neglect. Never expected a raft of lilly leaves covering it!

I'll post a pic

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Water lillies seem to have taken over our pond, we moved into the house in March of this year and cleared the pond of debris left from a couple of years of neglect. Never expected a raft of lilly leaves covering it!

I'll post a pic
If the leaves/pads are covering it then be scared, be very scared.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I don't envy you Dave. We bought really small lillies from our pond in brum and transplanted them into the much large pond here in Wales. They disappeared when we put them in, but now they are monster plants and now there is no way could we ever get them out.

It's just a case of persistence and hacking away at it I am afraid.
I think I have defeated it. Got over half of it chopped into manageable chunks. Now, I need something big enough and strong enough to carry it away.
Do you by any chance have a couple of spare pairs of err, you know, erh, ahh err, bloomers ?

midlife

Guru
4E4A875F-9D7C-42F5-8475-E686F1D9A307.jpeg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I think I have defeated it. Got over half of it chopped into manageable chunks. Now, I need something big enough and strong enough to carry it away.
Do you by any chance have a couple of spare pairs of err, you know, erh, ahh err, bloomers ?
:laugh:

Top Bottom