Water points in Richmond park

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Out today and I almost ran out of water . Ive removed the second cage as over the winter I didn't need the extra bottle . I guess the sun changes things so it will be going back on .
Anyhow , I'm sure I have seen a water fountain in RP but today I couldn't remember where it was .

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
There seems to be a water trough very near Roehampton Gate but I've never noticed it.

See here..http://www.supporttheroyalparks.org...t_goes/718_quenching_thirsts_in_richmond_park

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
No , this was a dedicated human water point . I remember seeing it and thinking it was cool that they still do this , didn't check that it worked though :laugh:
There is still a working one in Marble Hill Park between the white house and the stables . I grew up in Marble Hill BTW :smile:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
No again ^_^ this was part of a building . You seem to have animals and water points as a theme . Are you suggesting that getting water from a water point rather than buying it from a shop is wrong or something not to be done ?
My mistake if I am wrong .

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
No again ^_^ this was part of a building . You seem to have animals and water points as a theme . Are you suggesting that getting water from a water point rather than buying it from a shop is wrong or something not to be done ?
My mistake if I am wrong .
I'm still not sure what you are looking for. You can buy bottled water at the cafes. If you smile sweetly, the cafe by the cycle rental place near Roehampton Gate might help. I think they have mains water The cabin in the car park at the top of Broomfield Hill doesn't have mains water so you will have to buy it. I stick to their double expresso and a Coke.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ahhh as I thought then . What I am looking for is a tap that lets water out to fill my bottle . No getting off the bike , no saying yah yah oh yah , standing in a line for 15 mins to get it and getting half the water I want for £3 leaving me carrying around change with cold hands and feet .
Far better to find a human water point and fill up the bottle in less than 30 seconds and be on your way . The Victorians where smart :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
In Richmond park today and nearly out of water and wanting to do another lap I found a free water point . Its at Roehampton gate at the back of the hire place next to the café . Its a bit of a bodge up but its quick and no bullshit :thumbsup:

PK99

Legendary Member
Also one in the wall of the building near the cafe at Pembroke lodge

Globalti

Legendary Member
My water tap, yesterday:

a-day-out-in-the-forest-of-bowland-medium.jpg

(Actually this really is it; our water comes from this river near the Trough of Bowland)

Top Bottom