Water Repellent Cycling Tights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Don't Lusso do a line called "max Repel" - teflon coated, so somewhat water repellent, I belive.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
numbnuts said:
Ronhill do tight called bikesters

Yep I use them. They do a good job and whilst may get damp you don't really feel it. Plus they dry really quickly.

OP
OP
halo

halo

No - it's not waterproof trousers I'm after - and Bikesters are more like Trackers - i.e. not "tight"s - I'll have a look for the Lusso's - cheers!

jimboalee

Ok, I couldn't find a suitable (pun) link, so go to your nearest Scuba shop and ask them to make you up a pair of 1mm Tropical full leg trousers.

That's the closest to waterproof tights I can think of.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I have a pair of Lusso repel bib tights & they do repel rain to a certain degree, but they are not waterproof :ohmy:
Mine are without pad, not sure if they come with a pad at all :smile:
Ceratinly handy for the UK weather

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I have two pairs of Lusso Max Repel tights, bib and normal. They are both excellent. Whilst not waterproof, they repel most of it and when they do get wet, they seem to act a bit like a wet suit and still keep your legs warm. Highly recommended.

Dormouse

My Gore Windstopper tights are certainly water repellent and are good enough for light rain and they keep you warm, at least when the temperature is above freezing.

jimboalee

I'm going to my diving shop. I'll price-up a pair of full length 1mm Tropical leggings, with a double thickness of 5mm Coldwater at the seat.
Rough guesstimation - £25 - £30... Nothing fancy, plain black with twill lining.

Top Bottom