Waterproof and fits in Jersey Pocket ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldlegs

Frogs are people too.
I am looking for a waterproof jacket for winter rides that turn out wet. Something that can sit in my jersey pocket and only come out when it starts raining and go back when it stops.
After a lot of searching the only one i've found so far that will definately fit in a pocket is the Montane Featherlite H2O. Any comments on this one - like is it really waterproof.
Any others to consider ?
Budget up to £60 or £70 if its on Wiggle.

Noodley

I would highly recommend the Endura Superlite jacket which falls within your price range(ish ;)) using wiggle.

I wore mine for the first time at the weekend for 14 hours in the rain. Kept me dry, kept me warm, no problem with overheating, no claminess on arms with S/S shirt, and it folded down much smaller than I expected on the very few occassions the rain stopped.

It comes with a stuff sack which is far too big for it's smallest folded size - I managed to get it into my rear pocket along with some carb bars and a mobile phone.

I have also ordered the Superlite trousers on the back of how good the jacket was.

I've got the same Superlite jacket and its really waterproof and compact, I ve also got a Montane Featherlite. Size wise I prefer the Montane but for waterproofness I prefer the Endura, it adjusts really well too, so I pick and choose. For a recent tour of Donegal I took the Endura but for a ride on a drier day I'd carry the smaller Montane for emergency back up.

OP
OP
Oldlegs

Oldlegs

Frogs are people too.
So it looks like the Montane then.

I had a look at the two jerseys but they seem to bulky for an easy pocket pack -please post if you disagree. The transparent jobs look a bit too much like the "packamacks" of my youth. Oh the joys of a rainy seafront enveloped in billowing tacky plastic.

Cheers

Hugo15

Über Member
gkerr4;41926][quote=Hugo15 said:
Have you considered the Altura Crosslite? Got mine to do the same duties you are after. Been pleased with it.

Various reviews at the link below.

http://www.zyro.co.uk/reviews_list_product.asp?Id=1384&bid=37

is the crosslite really packable??

I thought that the clear 'strada' jacket was altura's packable - this looks good though.[/QUOTE]

Fits in my jersey pocket - I have made a small compression strap (well it's two bits of Velcro sewn together :o) which helps keep it packed down.

OP
OP
Oldlegs

Oldlegs

Frogs are people too.
Ufortunately Decathlon like moterways never made it all the way to Norfolk;)

Top Bottom