Waterproof feet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobbles

When it's raining and I'm using a bike with normal pedals (without clips) and wearing non bike footwear/plimsolls what covers are there to stop my shoes getting filthy/wet(other that shopping bags!)?
My road shoe covers are too tight to fit over 'smart' shoes or trainers etc.

Ended up wearing wellies for the past few days(nice dry feet:smile: but felt rather agricultural:blush:)

tyred

Legendary Member
Wellies are actually pretty good for cycling. You don't get oil on your trousers and there's nothing to catch in the chain:biggrin:

I don't know about rain covers but I tend to wear a pair of hiking boots while cycling in the rain. Stiff, grippy soles, nice and warm and waterproof. Also easy to clean. Also fit a mudflap to your front mudguard if you haven't already got one. Makes a huge difference in my experience.

barq

Some companies make "commuter" overshoes which aren't tight like the normal kind. I've had some Altura ones which were ok but didn't always stay in place.

Chrisz

Über Member
Go to your local leisure centre/swimming pool and 'acquire' a load of the blue shoe covers thy often have there :biggrin:

I have tons of 'em - great dor keeping feet warm/dry :becool:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've got the gore waterproof overshoes which aren't stretchy neoprene more just like a coat material and just bought a size that fits over my big shoes.... mostly I don't bother though - I save it for torrential rain.

D

Deleted member 1258

Wobbles said:
When it's raining and I'm using a bike with normal pedals (without clips) and wearing non bike footwear/plimsolls what covers are there to stop my shoes getting filthy/wet(other that shopping bags!)?
My road shoe covers are too tight to fit over 'smart' shoes or trainers etc.

Ended up wearing wellies for the past few days(nice dry feet:smile: but felt rather agricultural:blush:)

I just wear normal overshoes. I just go down the lbs wearing the boots/shoes I want the overshoes for and ask for a size that fits. I have two pairs of overshoes at the moment, One pair fits my cycle shoes, one pair fits my big work boots.

Top Bottom