Waterproof gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iluvmybike

Über Member
Gloves seem to fall into 2 camps - warm but not when wet or dry but not warm enough. Best compromise me and hubby have found are for him - the Stolen Goat Climb & Conquer ones (and now have the fingertips for using your Garmin or mobile without having to take them off!) or for me the Endura Luminite. The Stolen Goat ones you can pair with a liner glove when it gets sub-zero. The Endura ones have a lovely fleecy lining. We used them both through last winter and didn't get cold hands

what are you using for a helmet cover? I found one I like very much, it's a bit extreme (& dorky), but for extreme weather, it's quite handy

Taiga Cycle Helmet Rain Cover

Big John

Guru
You just need something to keep your hands warm enough - how warm depends on the person as some suffer cold more. Bigger gloves gather more water, but if your hands are warm, it's OK.
Since I recently bought some neoprene gloves I'm not worried about my hands getting wet as long as they're warm. It rains - the hands get wet. Are they cold? No. Are they comfy? You bet. Ok, there will be crazy cold temperatures at some point this winter when the lobster Sealskinz will come out but up to now the hands have been toasty even though wet at times. I bought them when Aldi's had one of their 'bike' weeks for £10. My only hope is that they last but so far I'm well pleased with them.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Possible but expensive (apparently)
and still vulnerable to stones etc - one chip and it gets so annoying you need yo get rid of them
cheapish over glasses would be better if possible
You can get inserts that sit inside glasses so if the outer gets a stone chip you can just replace that rather than the whole lot

Top Bottom