Waterproof Helmet Cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Has any one seen any kind of waterproof cover for a cycling helmet? I have seen this one;
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360031429&N=Gore Helmet Cover II
but I 'ain't paying £20 for one.

The thought of perhaps trying out a shower cap had crossed my mind, albeit only briefly. I look enough of a muppet already.:sad:

My Altura jacket doesn't have a hood, and I wouldn't like one as I fear it would restrict visability when looking over the shoulder/to the side etc. If it is chucking it down I usually put my thinsulate hat on under my helmet as it gives me some protection from a cold wet head which is nearly as bad as cold soggy feet.

What do other people usually do - grin and bear it?

Maz

Guru
Wet hair has never bothered me on my commute, tbh.
How about a speedo swimming cap?!

buggi

Bird Saviour
you would look a knob in that. and a shower cap. stick with the wet hair mate and stop giving cyclists a bad name :sad:

Tynan

Veteran
buff?

I' been usin one under the helmet and it's nice, not much of it to get wet wither and you get some nice extra around your neck and lower face if wanted

mikeitup

Veteran
re

I have a very nice warm and waterproof Specialized skullcap.

Works for me.

Although I may order a buff when I get paid to stop me face getting cold :sad:

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Yeah, I was looking at getting a buff actually. Might have to ask Santa for one for Christmas:biggrin:

Top Bottom