Waterproof jacket for child

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jennifer92

Regular
Hi peeps, I'm new here and my first post is regarding my 6yr old little sister who needs a new waterproof jacket for school because her current one is getting too small for her.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :smile:.

Is there a Decathlon near you? They have a reasonable selection and their stuff is good bang-for-buck...

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-11006-cycling-jackets-and-gilets/N-374025-gender~kids

OP
OP
J

Jennifer92

Regular
Hi @Jennifer92, welcome to CC.
This is a cycling forum, maybe the question would get more answers on an outdoor forum?
Mind, CC members have the answers to many questions not cycling related ^_^
Here is our sister forum walking chat.

Do I have to register on that :smile:. Sorry for the inconvenience by the way, my daughter is more the outdoor type anyway, she will sometimes go cycling but not often.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Do I have to register on that :smile:. Sorry for the inconvenience by the way, my daughter is more the outdoor type anyway, she will sometimes go cycling but not often.
No inconvenience at all!
I'm not sure about another registration for the walking chat: try your login for here first?
It used to be the same for the 3 forums.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
@Jennifer92 I get coats for my young and beautiful things from Decathlon as mentioned upthread. I may love them, but at the rate they grow and the rate they end up in the mud or in their food, I’d rather save some cash. It is great quality and well priced.

I would go weak at the knees if my oldest daughter went out and bought a coat for her little sister. The notion of you going to all this trouble and expense makes you very cool in my books. Your little sister has the best big sister ever.

Off topic, but another nice story: I put my oldest daughter’s BMX up for sale on eBay. It was well looked after and had a lot of interest. One potential buyer was asking lots of questions and seemed very keen. They won the auction and arranged to collect the next day. There was a knock at the door and when I answered, there stood an older teenage girl of about 18. All along it was her who had been the interested buyer. And it was her who had bought the BMX for her little brother. It was a really lovely gesture.

Last edited:
Trespass jackets are great, on sale this time of year at places like Blacks (10% off with CYcling Uk discount).

I also find Asda is great for coats if you want something that will last 1 summer.

At a push, if you have a north face outlet shop nearby you can sometimes get a good deal in the outlets.

Top Bottom