Waterproof jacket options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iendicott

Hi all,

On the look out for a waterproof jacket that I can carry in my cycle top back pockets, so it should roll up very small. I have seen this one but what other are out there ?

Thanks

crumpetman

It seems to be really tricky with budget jackets. Waterproof but not breathable. Breathable but not waterproof.

I went for a Montane Featherlite Velo Jacket but have only had one opportunity to wear it as this morning it was windy and raining lightly. After about 3 miles the rain had virtually stopped and I was sweating loads so I took it off. The jacket does roll up very small though.

OP
OP
iendicott

iendicott

Cheers guys for the suggestions, I do have a decent breathable waterproof jacket but I would like something that rolls up really small so if I get caught short it's to hand. :thumbsup:

TwoDlocks

You need lightweight waterproof over trousers too. By the way most ordinary jackets can be made very water resistant by the application of waterproof sprays etc. Grangers make the best water repellent sprays. These are essential for cheaper water proof jackets which loose their water proofness after a while.

A good idea is to buy a big metal can of fabsil not the aerosol, which you can find in most camping shops as this works out cheaper in the long run than the aerosol sprays and paint it on every few weeks. A big can should last for a couple of years. Thompson's waterseal which is sold a DIY shops like Robert Dyas is bascially the same thing as Fabsil and can also be used to waterproof clothing.

Top Bottom