Waterproof jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
I have an Altura Night Vision jacket, which I guess is pretty similar to the Crosslite.

Its waterproof enough, and fairly breathable, but I think it's designed to be worn in colder weather as it's quite warm with it's fleeced collar and cuffs. Wore it once on a hot, humid and overcrowded train and almost fainted! Seriously. God that was a horrible experience.

I'm sure they aren't as breathable as some jackets, but they are lightyears above yer typical waterproof jacket. Had a Karrimor waterproof top at first that was not breathable AT ALL and would get wetter from the sweat with it on than off from the rain!

nightoff

I have a Montane eVent Stormrider which is easily the best waterproof cycle jacket I have owned. The cut of the jacket is excellent with mesh pockets which double as vents to get the air circulating. The whole thing folds nice and small and weighs just over 300g.

My previous waterproof was a Lidl special @ £10 which was a boil in the bag, even during late winter/early spring when temps were single figures. The Montane does a much better job of expelling vapour but so it should at 10 times the price. For short journeys of a couple of miles, the Lidl was ok but I commute 12 miles each way at an average of 18/19mph and need something a little better to keep me dry.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My zips were fine until they weren't, if you know what I mean! If you do get a Crosslite then my advice is to not use the rear pocket.

Top Bottom