1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waterproof 'shorts'

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Dayvo, 18 Jul 2007.

1. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Does anyone know of the existence/whereabouts of something equivalent to a cowboy's 'chaps' over-trousers, but in reverse, for cyclists without a rear mudguard, who want to protect their bum/lower back from water being thrown up from the road?
    It seems obvious that they should be on the market, but I've never seen or heard of any!

2. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Incontinance pants over your shorts?

3. Monty Dog

Monty Dog New Member

Gore do make a pair of Gore-Tex shorts for cycling - effectively cut-down longs - pricey at £90 tho. There are many cycling jackets with a long enough tail that drops down and you can sit on to keep your bum dry - again Gore make them amongst others.

4. barq

barq Senior Member

Well these 'Rainlegs' protect your thighs ( click ) but that's not quite what you are after is it? I think Monty Dog is right about many jackets having a tail to cover your bottom with.

5. OP
    OP
    Dayvo

Thanks for your replies.
    Maybe I'll just find a pair of good and cheap (?) rain longs and cut away with a pair of scissors until I create what I'm after.
    And it might take more than just one pair to create what I'm after! :tongue:

6. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

7. OP
    OP
    Dayvo

Yeah, that's more like it. I don't mind having wet legs when it's raining, but a wet back/bum isn't my idea of fun. But as Monty Dog says, I'll just use a long-tailed rain jacket.
    Still reckon cycling 'chaps' would be a good idea/seller.