Waterproof trousers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello, new to the forums, long time lurker though.:biggrin:

As the day's are getting shorter, I've had less time for riding and so have spent most nights trying to hone my equipment list.

On my last tour Oslo to Istanbul via the Arctic Circle, I found the biggest let down were my waterproof trousers, to put it bluntly, they were sh*t and I ended up chucking them half way through. I got them off ebay for a fiver, so I guess that was my first mistake.

Been the pauper that I am, I would like to spend as little as possible (more than £5 though) on a new set. Any of you wise folk got any recommendations??

Noodley

Depends how much more than a fiver you want to spend, but I recommend Endura Superlite trousers (and Jacket if you're looking for on of them as well).

And welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
elduderino

elduderino

Thanks for the replies guy's.

I've had quite a few dhb product's from wiggle and have always been more than impressed with them, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to go with them again.

However the Endura Superlite's look like just the ticket, I may just put a request in with Santa.

Scoosh, I've been meaning to put the finishing touches on my website for what seem's like ages now. Don't hold your breath.

RedBike

I wore my water proof trousers today for the first time in years.

When I set off I was delighted to find that the water ran straight off them.
however.....

After 10 miles I realised the water was running off into my now not so water proof shocks.

Afer 20 miles I realised they were just as effective at keeping sweat in as they were rain out.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I've got a pair of Rohan overtrousers which fold down to virtually nothing. They are excellent and although I can't remember how much they cost, it was definitely more than a fiver.

Pongunagu

I used Rab Bergen trousers on a recent trip to the Himalayas, and they were brilliant. I keep them in the bottom of my commuting pannier too - very light, strong, have good articulated knees. Comfy and look good, unlike some overtrousers that make you walk like John Wayne.

Top Bottom