Waterproofing old Karrimor Panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
On my Union I have a stunning pair of red Karrimor Panniers, however they are a bit less waterproof than I would like. I understand they will never be 100% but would like to improve it.

They are made from KS-100e so my plan was to coat them with some Fabsil Universal Protector, is there a good reason not to do this?

Has anyone done something similar.

Drago

Legendary Member
Paint them with bitumen.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ks100e rucksacks have a lifetime guarantee. I’m sure it’s the same for the panniers. I’d get onto whoever has bought out Karrimor, and make a warranty claim.
Sports Direct.

OP
OP
GeekDadZoid

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Thanks, I did stick important stuff in a dry bag but I just want to make it as waterproof as possible as sometimes I end up getting stuff I had not planned on.

Good idea on the seams @andrew_s I have some seam sealant I use on my tent to will give that a whirl too.

@Ming the Merciless I would like to see the face of the staff if I waltz in with it, however I know how poorly Mr Ashley treats them so I would not want to add to their misery, although might be worth a cheeky tweet.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks, I did stick important stuff in a dry bag but I just want to make it as waterproof as possible as sometimes I end up getting stuff I had not planned on.

Good idea on the seams @andrew_s I have some seam sealant I use on my tent to will give that a whirl too.

@Ming the Merciless I would like to see the face of the staff if I waltz in with it, however I know how poorly Mr Ashley treats them so I would not want to add to their misery, although might be worth a cheeky tweet.
If you bought them before Sports Direct bought the name, they'll not honour the guarantee of previous owners.

OP
OP
GeekDadZoid

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Well I have done it, see if it rains on them now.

After inspecting the seams there is absolutely no taping of them so I can imagine that's the culprit.

Top Bottom