Wattbike Atom and Apple TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just set my Atom up with Apple TV as my tablet wasn't coping with running it very well.
The trouble now is it wont connect cadence or my HR strap?
I know Apple TV only allows 3 Bluetooth connections, and the remote uses one, but I am repeatedly informed the Atoms 3 sensors count as one connection, yet I cannot get it to work properly.
Anyone Atom users any ideas what I can do?

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Panic over, I've no idea how but it's all working now🤪. I can only think it was a Bluetooth issue with another device but can't be sure.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
How are you getting on with the Atom ?
I'm loving it up to now. I was using an oldish Samsung 10' tablet, but it kept freezing during rides so I needed an alternative. I wasn't prepared to shell out for a new top end tablet, especially as my old one does everything else I use it for just fine, so I've gone down the Apple TV route with a 22' flat screen TV, which means I don't need to wear my specs as well👍
So apart from the odd technical problem setting up ATV, (which might be somewhat down to me as well), I'm back up and running.
Just done a quick half hour and everything worked fine.
I've gone with Fulgaz as I don't like the gamey feel of Zwift, and Fulgaz was simply the next one I tried, and I like the real world videos. No doubt I'll get bored at some point, but there's plenty of others to go at if I do.
If your thinking of one and have the finding I'd say go for it.
TBH I've never been a fan of turbo training, in fact I've been quite vocal against it over the years, but VR streaming apps have changed the playing field, and despite a few reservations, (mainly cost related), I bit the bullet and it's working a treat for me👍

Tenkaykev

Guru
Thanks for the feedback, seriously thinking about one if i can find a way to actually buy one...
We got an Elite Novo from Halfords at the start of the first lockdown and used it extensively. Really liked being able to cycle parts of the TDF route in Yorkshire, and then switch to other scenic parts of the world.
Mrs Tenkaykev visited our daughter in Edinburgh and had a go on their Tacx direct drive turbo ( ours is “ Wheel On”) She tells me the difference is night and day so we’ve bit the bullet and ordered a direct drive one ( Jet Black Volt)
There’s a lot of independent reviews and recommendations for a range of prices / options of various trainers on the great DC Rainmaker website.

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
No that's not the obstacle, they only sell them in UK and a few other countries so i may get one shipped to my folks in Manchester and then get it picked up via DHL, not ideal but with no UK trips at present it seems the only choice:ohmy:
Oh ok, didn't see location :laugh:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
No that's not the obstacle, they only sell them in UK and a few other countries so i may get one shipped to my folks in Manchester and then get it picked up via DHL, not ideal but with no UK trips at present it seems the only choice:ohmy:

They are very heavy and the box is on the large side, it might cost a fair whack to ship.

Top Bottom