Wearwell ladies bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swifty

Über Member
Just been given a ladies wearwell shadow 3 speed hub dated1956 first glance looks to be all intact surface rust on wheels any body seen one before? Will post some pics later on

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Über Member
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Über Member
Had a closer look earlier on 27 inch wheels hub stamped June 56 nice shape handlebars 3 speed baylis wiley front hub and bottom bracket brakes work well dynamo still works Phillips pedals . Will clean up ok I think as everything seems ok on it

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Über Member
Couple of other things monitor Ventura brakes and lytaloy headset never heard of either of these does the headset have something to do with Hobbs?

Waverley

This topic is 4 years old yet it is the only set of pictures I can find of a bike remotely similar to a ladies frame I have just bought. I am a new member of the forum and joined just so that I could reply to this post! I am sure I will have to upload some pictures somewhere else before I can post one of my bike. I bought it as a frame only. It has the same decal on the seat post which is a list of racing successes dated 1955. I had worked out from that that my bike was probably 1956. It is also a "Shadow" but has a few differences, mine has wrap around seat stays and a Reynolds 531 decal at the top of the seat post. It is also red but with a bright yellow head tube and seat post band. It also has a braze on fitting for a derailleur lever.
There is very little info out there about the actual bikes, but I have found a bit of history about the company. 80% of the bikes were exported.

Waverley

Yes that's the one. Although I didn't win the eBay auction, I bought a BSA off the same seller and he offered me the Wearwell when I collectrd it as the eBay sale fell through. I wasn't looking for one but thought I may as well have it.

Top Bottom