Weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Watching the local news, I'm glad I live at the top of a hill.....flippin ar$e after a long bike ride...but Cheadle is flooded.............. :angry:

Sorry for all those folks with flooded houses..........:wacko:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
PS Was exciting though JTM.................... :thumbsup:

There's a point where you're so wet that you just think "bugger it", and that's quite liberating, in a way. Fording the roads was no fun at all though, you've no idea what's lurking under the water, and I was picturing my BB filling with manky drain water!

Given that I ride the LHT in and out, I guess my 42c tyres might the beginnings of a decent liferaft ;-)

yoyo

Dull, wet and cold here in Newbury. Forecast not good either. Very disappointing summer since second week of July.

Matthames

Über Member
Weeing it down at the moment. I had to go out and about earlier, managed to skip the showers by reading the sky and using my knowledge. Showers never really last more than about 20 minutes. You also usually have about half an hour gap between them.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
There's a point where you're so wet that you just think "bugger it", and that's quite liberating, in a way.

I find that's true. I can't be arsed with waterproofs and all that clobber etc so just get soaked normally. Always wear shorts and T shirt which dry pretty quickly anyway. You do get a few funny looks from passers-by in a real downpour. Rain arrived here an hour or so ago- pretty heavy too now. And cold.

potsy

Rambler
I don't mind getting wet on way home,but not a fan of arriving at work drenched and having to get everything dry for the ride home.
Keep a couple of essential spares at work,socks,t-shirt etc but not a full change of clothes.

Top Bottom