Weaver thread - possibly harder than Wordle:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Weaver 14/10/2022

GIFT
🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩
SHOP

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
You could do this game on paper, right?
The game doesn't reveal any info that you don't already know on each turn - izzat right?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Indeed - I actually did it on paper first, then typed it in. Also, it was easier working backwards from the finish, so my paper version reads upside-down :wacko:

So it doesn't have the "Doh!" Moment that Wordle has .,."I knew I would be BIGHT, but nonetheless I tried NIGHT, RIGHT, WIGHT, FIGHT and MIGHT first"

AndyRM

XOXO
Weaver 15/10/2022

FALL
⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩
DOWN

It validates your words, and there are some pretty unlikely collections of four letters which are acceptable.
I used one such unlikely collection today! Going to try and self-impose a hard mode: if I don't know the word, I can't use it. No speculative 'I wonder if that's a word' words. πŸ˜„

FALL
⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩
DOWN

AndyRM

XOXO
I used one such unlikely collection today! Going to try and self-impose a hard mode: if I don't know the word, I can't use it. No speculative 'I wonder if that's a word' words. πŸ˜„

FALL
⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩
DOWN

Had a couple of those myself, today included. I like your idea of a self imposed hard mode, great shout!

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Weaver 15/10/2022

FALL
⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩
DOWN

Weaver 18/10/2022

GOOD
🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩
WILL

Didn't realise until just now that the pictograms for the results don't show the actual placement of the changed letters, just that there were 1/2/3/4 correct letters.:wacko:

AndyRM

XOXO
Weaver 18/10/2022

GOOD
🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩
WILL

Didn't realise until just now that the pictograms for the results don't show the actual placement of the changed letters, just that there were 1/2/3/4 correct letters.:wacko:

It'd be a bit of a spoiler if it did, show you which letter to change.

Top Bottom