Wedding anniversary on saturday.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Well Postman has been married 22 years on saturday 30th.Where has the time gone.Eldest daughter now 16 and going into 6th form in Sept,she wants to go to Canterbury Uni to study Space Science and Physics she has not got it from me.So we are going for a Greek meal to a cafe in Otley.The Dalesman through the week it's a cafe but friday and saturday night a Greek restaurant,this will be my first Greek meal,any advice.But i might just have what the wife picks,she usually gets it right,well she did pick me. :laugh:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Ask them if they'd like to borrow some Euros? Plate smashing might be out, these days, given the economic climate.
Seriously though, go for anything, Greek food is great. Stuffed vine leaves are nice, plate of olives, glass of greek brandy, sorted.

Norm

You got married 10 months and 29 days after me, youngster. :biggrin: Congrats.

seashaker

Well Postman has been married 22 years on saturday 30th.Where has the time gone.Eldest daughter now 16 and going into 6th form in Sept,she wants to go to Canterbury Uni to study Space Science and Physics she has not got it from me.So we are going for a Greek meal to a cafe in Otley.The Dalesman through the week it's a cafe but friday and saturday night a Greek restaurant,this will be my first Greek meal,any advice.But i might just have what the wife picks,she usually gets it right,well she did pick me. :laugh:

Firstly Congrats!!
Right onto food :biggrin:
Most Greek restaurants do a mezze for 2 or more people. Basically similar to tapas in that you get a taster of lots of dishes, hot and cold. If you have never had Greek food before , I would def go for this. The menu should give you an idea of what it will consist of, so if there is anything you know youdon't like you should be able to swap it out.

Enjoy!!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Have a look at the food descriptions you'll be able to make an informed decision after reading them.

However, dolmades make a tasty starter as does zsadzeke and other spelling variants, a greek salad is tasty and simple as a side dish or starter.

Lamb kleftiko is fantastic
The souvlaki(kebab) dishes are fine

That should get you going.

Top Bottom