Wedding dvd to You Tube video - how?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been asked if I can -
1) extract several small sections from a wedding dvd and
2) turn them into one file that can be put on You Tube. It needs to have captions / simple (fading in-out I'm thinking) transitions between the sections.

Haven't done this before, but I'm up for having a go. What software am I looking at using to achieve this? Is it difficult?

Is it going to cost me or are there freeware solutions that people can recommend?

Cheers. :laugh:

I use the Cucusoft ultimate DVD converter. It converts video into, among others, MP4 format and you can isolate sections of the video. I think it cost me around £40, but it was worth it as it also allows me to convert DVDs into a format my ipod is happy with. In my experience, most of the free ones give you a video with "FREE SAMPLE" plastered all over the footage.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Thanks, RT. £40 isn't bad - especially as once I've worked out how to do it, I can get more use out of it.

Presumably you can specify the codec used and change resolution if needed?

Any others with suggestions?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
You might be able to do it using MovieMaker, but it depends on the format of the original video file. You may have to transfer/transcode it into a DivX file (or other format that MM can handle) and then you can simply split it and add the captions etc.

IMovie will do the job nicely.

Alternatively Quick time can trim and export the sections - then reload these into MovieMaker

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Thanks both ;)

Sharkey - Not used Movie Maker a lot in the past - just fired it up and tried importing an .flv (had one handy) but it keeps crashing for some unknown reason. Is it prone to this?

Cunobelin - I'm on pc rather than Mac unfortunately.

Top Bottom