Weight gain why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
ColinJ said:
The scales are getting worse... 14-13 this morning, had a pee, weighed myself again to see if the reading had fallen to 14-12 and it had increased to 15-1! I seem to have discovered negative weight urine. Now if I could just extract the negative weight water from that, we could use it to flow backwards up your dried-up riverbeds! xx(

Did you get covered in weightless pee ;)

I tried something different this morning. Went out for 30 miles before work on an empty stomach apart from a cup of tea. All went well and when I got in had a small amount of muesli and have just had an apple. I am planning on going the long way to work for the rest of the week and eating when I get there.

stevevw said:
Did you get covered in weightless pee :biggrin:

I tried something different this morning. Went out for 30 miles before work on an empty stomach apart from a cup of tea. All went well and when I got in had a small amount of muesli and have just had an apple. I am planning on going the long way to work for the rest of the week and eating when I get there.

I would be very interested to hear how you feel by mid-afternoon. Exercise without breakfast is generally not recommended.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
stevevw said:
Did you get covered in weightless pee :biggrin:
Fortunately not!

Actually, I've got a lot of experience with my digital scales and I know that there are certain weights that they "don't like", 15-0 being one of them. My weight would nearly always be displayed as 14-13 or 15-1. The chances are that I actually weigh 15-0 but the scales can't display that. In case you are interested, that is probably because the A-D converter in the scales happens to be inaccurate in that part of its range.

Don't trust fat percentages displayed on digital scales - they aren't accurate.

Don't trust calorie readings on heart rate monitors or bike computers either - they aren't accurate. I have a calories-burned display on my exercise bike but the numbers shown are complete fantasy - the device doesn't know how big I am and it doesn't know how tight I have the friction brake set so it can't possibly calculate how many calories I've used up. It would give the same reading for a child doing 10 minutes of easy spinning as for me doing same number of pedal revs with the brake set ultra-tight.

Kablinsky

ColinJ said:
My bathroom scales are good for revealing a weight trend but I don't trust individual readings.

For example - this morning they read 15-1. I brushed my teeth and weighed myself again - 14-13 - instant 2 pound weight loss!

That's some seriously dirty teeth you have! :biggrin:

Top Bottom