Weight loss/training for L-C-L

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Still, I'll be 60 for next year's ride, and I quite like the idea of doing it with my bus pass in my bag :-) And I'll be significantly lighter again in another 12 months. We'll see.
Well done on the ride!

Sorry to disappoint you, but you will be waiting at least 7 or 8 years for that bus pass - the qualifying age is now aligned with your pension age. :sad:

OP
OP
Alan O

Alan O

Über Member
Well done on the ride!

Sorry to disappoint you, but you will be waiting at least 7 or 8 years for that bus pass - the qualifying age is now aligned with your pension age. :sad:
Not local Merseytravel transport passes - they're still issued at age 60 (and are upgraded to national ones at pension age)

OP
OP
Alan O

Alan O

Über Member
Ooh, lucky - I will not get mine until I am 66!
They're actually a big boon to cyclists, as they include Merseyrail train transport as far as Southport and Chester to north and south, and Mersey ferry crossings - and the trains and ferries are cycle friendly. That's a nice extension to possible ride start points.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Apparently, in Scotland and NI the age for a pass is still 60.

They're actually a big boon to cyclists, as they include Merseyrail train transport as far as Southport and Chester to north and south, and Mersey ferry crossings - and the trains and ferries are cycle friendly. That's a nice extension to possible ride start points.
Brilliant! They should do that kind of thing everywhere, lay on more/longer trains and get as many drivers off the road as possible.

My sister can use her West Midlands bus pass for free off travel on trains and Metro

A bus pass here would get me a 50% reduction on off-peak rail travel in West Yorkshire. I currently get 33.3% off using my Senior Railcard (which IS available from 60) but I can't imagine that I would be able to combine the 2 reductions!

Top Bottom