Weight to carry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alci4

jimboalee said:
I have a BSA 20 1970s shopping bike with a back box to carry my purchases. The bike weighs 34lb unloaded.
I ride it from home to Fred Williams in Wolverhampton, then home via Decathlon at Merry Hill. The whole trip is 45 miles with some short, sharp hills between Merry Hill and Brum.
Its a four hour trip. 07:00 start Saturday mornings to get to FWs as they open. I just have to take my time and enjoy the scenery ( Cradley heath and Rowley Regis ).

LMAO i am suprised you got wheels left after going through rowley and cradley m8,:evil:

;)take the long route and come through oldbury i will put the kettle on 4 you next time lol;)

OP
OP
Jmetz

Jmetz

its looking like panniers then.... especially as when i think about it a good comfortable rucksack will cost a similar amount anyways!

toms87

Have cycled about 10 miles before with full camping and walking gear plus 2 or 3 days food. Probably 17-20kg in total.

It wasn't much fun but I reckon I could've managed about 40 miles ok(ish) if I'd taken my time. 6 days in a row would be too much though, shell out and get the panniers! Think of it as motivation to make sure you use your bike more in future, that's how I justified it!

OP
OP
Jmetz

Jmetz

yeah iv opted for panniers, definately the better option, essentially i want to enjoy the rides so lugging weight around wont be good

Top Bottom