Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

endoman

Almost under 13 stones today, 13.01 to be precise! 4 inches plus round the waist gone so far, I think I might write my weight loss book for all our staff at work who are on a different diet every day yet getting bigger. Buy smaller plates and exercise more, done!

Ajay

Veteran
10 days into the New Year and I've shaken the extra I put on over Christmas and New Year. Weigh in this morning puts me at 17 stone 0.8 pounds.

Right - back on with my target, that I failed to tackle in Autumn - getting down to 16 stone. Want to get there before the Cheshire Cat in March and the very hilly Spring Into The Dales audax in April.

Ajay - we agreed to race to 16 stone a few months ago. How did you get on? If you failed as well in Autumn, I'm back up for a bit of dieting sparring again!

Ok then big boy, let's bring this thing on!
Weighed in this morning at 17st 3lb, so I've given you a nice little head-start.
Here we go (again)!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Weighed in this morning at 17st 3lb, so I've given you a nice little head-start.
Here we go (again)!!
Okay, and I'm 15 st 12 lbs and I'll try and get to 14 st 12 lbs before either of you get to 16! :thumbsup:

And I'll really set myself a target and try to do it in time for the mini-NWP audax on Feb. 18th. That's 5.5 weeks away and corresponds to 2.5 pounds a week which is doable, though it will require a big change in lifestyle.

Steve H

Large Member
Here we go (again)!!

Okay, and I'm 15 st 12 lbs and I'll try and get to 14 st 12 lbs before either of you get to 16! :thumbsup:

And I'll really set myself a target and try to do it in time for the mini-NWP audax on Feb. 18th. That's 5.5 weeks away and corresponds to 2.5 pounds a week which is doable, though it will require a big change in lifestyle.

Excellent news boys! It's the Cyclechat edition of The Biggest Loser. I'll arrange for Davina McCall to come and weigh us each week!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think you'll find I am average height, you lot are freaks of nature :tongue:
I felt like a freak of nature when I was 16, standing in school assembly (do they still do those?) because I was taller than all but one other boy in the school. These days. I am merely 'above average height' as you can see when Steve H is standing next to me, and I have two second cousins in Scotland who are about 3 or 4 inches taller than him!

I went out for a meal with various family members, friends, and family of friends over the holiday. One man was the height of Steve H, his brother (who wasn't there) is about 6' 8". The man's daughter was incredibly slender and the same height as me - very striking!

There is a very skinny woman in Hebden Bridge who is about 6' 3" - 6' 4".

Height norms are changing - take a look at this Wikipedia article. I am only about the average height of young men aged 25-34 in the Netherlands!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
yadda yadda yadda!

what Colin's trying to say is you're a throwback Potsy

245lbs here, that's 17.5 stone for the hard of counting, best I join this little challenge

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I'm hovering at about 15st 12lb now, and falling slowly. Having a bit of trouble with feeling hungry! Especially at the weekends when I'm now on the bike for about 4 hours over the 2 days. I think this has slowed me down a bit.

Started at 17st 5lb, so happy so far, still have a stubborn tyre round the middle that feels absolutely solid. I recon it's denser because it's been there since I was about 20! So presumably it'll be hellish hard to shift.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I can't exercise at all at the minute, while waiting to have kidney stone smashed. So I have decided to cut out most crabs as suggested to me on here. I do start the day with either porridge or muesli but that's it carb wise for me. I was 14st 11 on Sunday currently 14st 6 and only 5' 11"

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
5 foot 11 3/4", currently 16 stone 7. Down about 5 stone from my peak, but up a stone and a bit from my adult floor (last autumn was the latest time I hit that - the first time since 1992).
Right. That's the first smiley killed. This morning - 16 stone 5. Now for the rest...

Top Bottom