weinmann centre pull help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barnowl930

Hi,I need some advice please. Ive got a 1979 Carlton Cyclone with Weinmann brakes. The front is a 610 and the rear a 750. All looks standard but the front brake blocks don't reach the rim exactly. Did they ever come with 750's on the front?

There's a pic on this site that shows a late 70s Cyclone with 610 brakes, have the wheels on yours been swapped for 700c maybe?

Several bikes came with 610 front and 750 rear and all the cyclones online (that I can see the front of) seem to have a few mill of adjustment left on their arms. Maybe your tyres are particularly deep or something, perhaps you should post a picture, then someone more familiar with these brakes might be able to see your problem

OP
OP
B

Barnowl930

image.jpeg

sidevalve

Über Member
TBH if the blocks are fully down and the wheel is fully up [seems a bit of a big gap 'tween tyre and fork maybe - check the spindle is 100% in place] then there's not much you can do - you need longer arms

midlife

Guru
That's odd, if everything is in place then it should fit. Where did the brakes come from? have they got Weinmann stamped on them, could be a Dia-Compe or Cherry clone.

Shaun

Daddybus

Über Member
That is s yawning great gap... It does look just like a 700c wheel in a 27" fork... I see there's no weinmann sticker on the stirrup so can you be certain its a 610? Just a thought

Top Bottom