Weird Animals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
That is proper weird :wacko:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Still think these are the weirdest,

View: https://youtu.be/QNoQvjlmGdk

I have actually seen one of those in the wild. One of my mates was having a dip in a river when I saw this shadow swimming towards him. I jumped up pointing and he nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw what appeared to be a giant eel which swam between his legs and disappear off. I think we were lucky to see it, albeit fleetingly. Also saw a couple of Exhidnas, the other egg laying mammal, which look like hedgehogs but are utterly unrelated

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Tardigrades...
I did a thread about them a while back.
Lovely things!

Salar

A fish out of water
Me and a few of my fishing mates have had the frights of our lives with these things, as well as one sticking to me they also swim around your legs, creepy and very scary.

The one that got stuck to me was only approx 18" long, they adhere by suction, they then try to bite and suck out your blood.

I got it off before it started to bite, but it took some repeated pulling and the use of a landing net. As they are so slippy you can't get a proper grip on them. Strange thing, but that is nature.

Also ruined my waders which needed repairing.

Last edited:

Salar

A fish out of water
Check out Jeremy Wade "River Monsters" He allowed one to bite him.

There was a bit of a mini "Jaws" panic a few years ago in the UK wild swimming fraternity about lampreys aka "The vampire fish"

Top Bottom