Weird Blob appears on elbow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
...freaky stuff...about the size of a golf ball, right on th e point on the tip of the elbow...it feels like one of those polybag ice cube sachets does when it's full of water but not yet frozen. SWMNBO reckons it's a spider bite and I am infested with baby spiders growing inside me like her friend had once after an African holiday...I'm not convinced....my son suggested it's a disease prevelant in a recent Dr who episode where blobs of fat turn into cute bears and exit the body to conquer the universe...I suspect something more down to earth..any ideas?

kyuss

Veteran
When you say appeared, how long did it take? Is it painful?

I'd keep an eye on it. Probably just a harmless cyst but get it checked out. I have one on the back of my knee at the moment and the doctor reckons it doesn't warrant removal, but I've also had one in each armpit that became infected and needed cutting out. Having cyst wounds packed with gauze every 2 days for 2 or 3 weeks is officially not fun.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
no pain...and it arrived overnight..it's getting bigger and feels like a balloon full of water....like the skin ha sseperated from the underlying tissue somehow...I'm tempted to stick a needle in and see if any spiders come out:biggrin:

Ravenz

Bursitis........?

had one 2 years ago on elbow... created by pressure doing preacher bicep curls and having too much pressure on the joint.. went away on its own .. but took ages and ages to disappear.. again no real pain associated with the injury and of course trashed that particular exercise...
dont be tempted to stick needle in it tho!

jimboalee

Go to the Doc.

That's the good thing about this country. Medical advice from your GP is free.

I had a spider bite in California last summer. The weather was just right for a super crop of Black Widows.

My arm came up like a balloon. I had 190 over 130 Blood pressure and my head felt like it was going to burst ( and I felt like chopping it off ). I sweated buckets with the pain.

I was rushed to the local emergency room and the whole ordeal cost $4700. $3400 for the hospital treatment and $1300 for the paramedic call out.
$800 of the $3400 was for painkillers and antitoxins, so when you are asked for £7.10 for a NHS prescription, don't moan.

The excess on my insurance was £50, but well worth the spend.

Get it checked out by your Quack, it doesn't cost. ;)

postman

Legendary Member
Get thee to the quacks.I popped over a wall at Eccup to take some photos of the reservoir.Cos the water level was so low. I got bit,but did not no it at the time. Blob ,
squeezed it.Bad mistake elbow swelled up.Don't mess with it.Bite went purple.

Tynan

Veteran
if a golf ball size lump came up on me anywhere, I'd be at the GP, not posting on here

gawd

Top Bottom