Weird but good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Servicemycycle

Its life Jim but not as we know it!
I decided to commute on my bike today, its been about 3 weeks since my last commute! (Like a confesion)

Not sure what has happened but the Arriva and Halton Transport bus drivers from the runcorn and widnes depo's they appear to have developed a massive amount of patience and spacial awareness!!

I commute down a country lane (Netherly/Liverpool road) mostly unlit and some of the bends are blind. on the approach to 3 of these I managed to time it perfectly to have a bus behind me :sad: but for a change they kept their distance, didnt try to squeeze past and then eventually passed leaving me plenty of room!!

I even signalled the last bus to pass as I had a better view of the road than the driver and he acknowledged this with a wave and hazards flash!!!

Made riding an absolute pleasure this evening!

classic33

Leg End Member
Someone out there knows you're on here!

cloggsy

Boardmanist
They've probably all had a 'Health and Safety briefing' on cyclist awareness... Give it a week or two and they'll have all forgotten again :thumbsup:

jarlrmai

Veteran
Yeah I've noticed this as well, Arriva buses through Kirkby are generally much better behaved.

sabian92

Über Member
Buses in Runcorn and Widnes (Live in Runcorn, commute to Widnes when I can be bothered) have always been courteous to me - they definitely aren't as bad as some bus drivers.

Top Bottom