Weird question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GetFatty

Über Member
I seem to remember a few years ago there was another of the great French hopes for GTs who turned out to be so bad at descending that iirc he went home after a particularly bad one at a race. I can’t for the life of me remember his name though

Pinot had a really bad season with descents once. He did get over it though. Could be him?

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I seem to remember a few years ago there was another of the great French hopes for GTs who turned out to be so bad at descending that iirc he went home after a particularly bad one at a race. I can’t for the life of me remember his name though

I suspect his career went downhill from then on.

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
Was it Eurosport? They're not exactly experts ... I've never heard of Pinot as some demon descender. He looks perfectly competent now 👍

Well GCN but it’s the same people. It must be at least 10 years ago but I’m sure he abandoned. I’ll do some more digging on the basis it is him

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
2013 he abandoned TdF with a sore throat and admitted he had trouble descending due to a fear of speed. It was the commentators who put me off the scent. I know how Pinot feels though, I am truly rubbish at going down hills

Top Bottom