Weird SwiftKey issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am using it for this post and it seems to be working correctly! (Android 6.0)

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Predictive text? Buggered. This site only. Selectively.

Android using Google keyboard.

U

User32269

HaviHa the same is issued, onlon with predictivp text.

That is how "having the same issue only with predictive text" comes out! Thanks for thread, thought I'd wrecked another phone!

Shaun

Founder
Seems to be an issue with Chrome version 64 on Android and Swiftkey: https://support.swiftkey.com/hc/en-...erratic?page=1#community_comment_360000024705

Check to see if there is a Chrome update and if not (and until the Google/Swiftkey developers resolve the bug) suggestions for a temporary fix include using an alternative web browser on your device ... or disabling the predictive text/spell checker.

Android web browsers (links to Google Play Store for download): Dolphin - Firefox - MS Edge - Opera

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

ColinJ

Hmm, WTF...! I have non hahad a ny pproblem suntsunstunt I checheckcthat I am ususi ChrChr 64 with SwifSwif and now looklwloo you have done to me - PMSL - ha hahha! :laugh:

Oh, I just raise this as a bug with switftkey, they came back within hours.

Ryan P (SwiftKey)
Feb 28, 12:57 PM PST
Hi,
The issue you are having is related to a recent Chrome update. We already have a fix that is live in our current beta app. The beta app can be found here.

We will also email you when the fix has gone out to the main market app. We don't have a time line for this yet. As we test all new updates in beta to make sure things are running smoothly.

Best,

Ryan

Didn't think to search here, because I was seeing it on multiple sites.

ColinJ

I have found a new problem with it now. Sometimes it is inserting a space instead of a punctuation character. Question mark? That worked? Exclamation! Again!

Typical (<-space instead of comma), it was working when I tried just now! Question? Comma, Exclamation! Full stop.

I had a run of it misbehaving earlier, but it has settled down now!

I have found a new problem with it now. Sometimes it is inserting a space instead of a punctuation character. Question mark? That worked? Exclamation! Again!

Typical (<-space instead of comma), it was working when I tried just now! Question? Comma, Exclamation! Full stop.

I had a run of it misbehaving earlier, but it has settled down now!
I've notice the same. Too lazy so far to report it.

Interesting note - If you immediately hit backspace after the punctuation has failed to display, the middle word suggestion will be the word and the punctuation you typed.

Top Bottom