weird thing happened on ride tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was doing a route that I sometimes do and it is about 16 miles in total but part way through I decided to follow a cycle path to see where it would take me so I did and then headed back home. I was stopped at light and when they turned green I went and I noticed a car pull to the right of me with left indicator and he started to turn left so I stopped then he realised I was going straight and he stopped, the oncoming traffic stopped because we had right of way, so because the car to my right had stopped I went again and when the oncoming traffic turned right I heard a car horn and someone shouted black c**t so I guess he beeped the car to my right on my behalf. I don't argue with drivers or get angry I just continue with what I am doing. Now I do wonder what was said between the 2 cars afterwards.

the rest of the ride was uneventful just BMW x5 driver overtook me at speed to closely, ended up doing 22.50 miles.

just thought I would share the event of my ride.

Cyclist33

BMW, Audi and vw golf drivers are almost invariably too fast and close, in my experience. Not been proved wrong yet!

Sad twats.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Had you stopped at the left of your lane or in a cyclepath on the left? Im wondering if it was a silly road setup that separated you from the traffic flow or something :smile:

OP
OP
terry_gardener

terry_gardener

Veteran
Had you stopped at the left of your lane or in a cyclepath on the left? Im wondering if it was a silly road setup that separated you from the traffic flow or something :smile:

no I was just left of the middle of my lane and while I was waiting for the lights to change I pointed at the junction I was going to take with my right hand/arm which the oncoming traffic noticed.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
no I was just left of the middle of my lane and while I was waiting for the lights to change I pointed at the junction I was going to take with my right hand/arm which the oncoming traffic noticed.
Thats some shockingly bad driving, having seen the google maps :ohmy:

Top Bottom