Weirdest argument in favour of helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"The same principle applies to wearing a bicycle helmet." Ignore the scientific evidence you've just been shown

BRounsley

Über Member
As a non-helmet wearer I find it weird (among other stronger phrases) that I have to disprove something that had never been proved. It’s like having to defend why you don’t use homeopathy.

I do wonder if we’ll ever get to the “emperor's new clothes” point.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I am a scientist. I wear a bicycle helmet. Can I have a newspaper column please?

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I want someone, like the TRL / Transport Research Laboratory, to do an extensive and accurate scientific test using rigged and sensored dummies wearing and not wearing helmets in accident scenarios.

I want them to tested the same, over and over, and the probable damage inflicted on the dummy to be recorded and shared.

This is totally do-able, i'm certain.

Then, perhaps, we can put some facts into the debate.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I want someone, like the TRL / Transport Research Laboratory, to do an extensive and accurate scientific test using rigged and sensored dummies wearing and not wearing helmets in accident scenarios.

I want them to tested the same, over and over, and the probable damage inflicted on the dummy to be recorded and shared.

This is totally do-able, i'm certain.

Then, perhaps, we can put some facts into the debate.

Why not just use real world figures from somewhere where compulsion has bee introduced?

PpPete

Legendary Member
But no two accidents are the same, when your numbers up there ain't no helmet will save you,
Very true

if you stopped wearing one sods law will come in to play so be warned
I stopped wearing one three years ago, and I've fallen off a good few times since (probably more per km than when I used to wear one) - I'm still waiting for either the Sod, or Mr Murphy to strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom