Weirdest component mismatch

peekay76

New Member
In building my first fixie from an tip rescued frame and old parts I had lying around or could borrow from my dad I now have old steel cottered cranks with a set of SPDs attached. It strikes me that this is a pretty odd match of parts and wondered what other mismatches people have used to build their fixies.
 

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Moderator
Location
Stevenage
Not a fixie, but I have got a carbon frame that I'm intending to fit my current groupset to.

*whispers*

Sora triple

*ashamed* :ohmy:
 
TheDoctor said:
Not a fixie, but I have got a carbon frame that I'm intending to fit my current groupset to.

*whispers*

Sora triple

*ashamed* :cry:
Allow me to embrace you Mr Doctor. That's a fine and noble beast. :ohmy:

My best offer on this would be TC when he had an ancient secondhand Shimano 600 series STI unit for the front brake/rear mech, teamed with a downtube shifter for the rear mech.
 

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Moderator
Location
Stevenage
Chuffy said:
Allow me to embrace you Mr Doctor. That's a fine and noble beast. :biggrin:
*snuggles*

Chuffy said:
My best offer on this would be TC when he had an ancient secondhand Shimano 600 series STI unit for the front brake/rear mech, teamed with a downtube shifter for the rear mech.
Not sure I understand. Two levers for the rear mech? That would be truly weird:biggrin:.
 

llllllll

New Member
Not sure I should post this here since it's not on a fixed.

I've got a pretty modern TT bike, oversize everything, carbon forks/seatpost etc, with a band on Suntour friction shifter of unknown age mounted on the tri bars.
 
llllllll said:
Not sure I should post this here since it's not on a fixed.

I've got a pretty modern TT bike, oversize everything, carbon forks/seatpost etc, with a band on Suntour friction shifter of unknown age mounted on the tri bars.
Bell and wicker basket, that's what you need. :tongue:
Doctor - You can de-snuggle now, the moment has passed.
 

bonj2

Guest
i once considered putting a blackspire on my road bike. I wouldn't now even if could, 'cos i wear tights, but when i used to cycle in trousers i probably would have got one if you could have got 5-bolt ones that were big enough.
 

hubgearfreak

Über Member
how about shifting the middle three gears on a sram7 hub with a Campagnolo band on downtube shifter?
 

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Moderator
Location
Stevenage
Chuffy said:
Weirdo.

Andy Gate's fixie foldy shopper is a pretty odd creature. :biggrin:
I've got one of those Daewoo Shuttle things - not really a folder, but very small wheels and frame. I've been thinking of doing a fixie on it. Maybe I should. Horribly horribly wrong, but a potential laugh none the less.

I've not been snuggling for some time now. I don't know who you're cuddling but it's not me:biggrin:.
 
TheDoctor said:
I've got one of those Daewoo Shuttle things - not really a folder, but very small wheels and frame. I've been thinking of doing a fixie on it. Maybe I should. Horribly horribly wrong, but a potential laugh none the less.
Do. But make sure you fit short cranks...:angry:

I've not been snuggling for some time now. I don't know who you're cuddling but it's not me:biggrin:.
:angry:
It was a manly embrace to express approval and approbation. There were no tongues, no innapropriate touching and no fumbling with undergarment fastenings. I have the lovely Baggy for such grubbiness...:angry::angry:
 

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Moderator
Location
Stevenage
Chuffy said:
Do. But make sure you fit short cranks...:angry:
It's got quite short ones already. Clearly a valid point though.

Chuffy said:
:angry:
It was a manly embrace to express approval and approbation. There were no tongues, no innapropriate touching and no fumbling with undergarment fastenings. I have the lovely Baggy for such grubbiness...:angry::angry:
That's what you think. I'd only just got out of the shower. And then I had to go and have another one.:angry:
 
Top Bottom