Welcome t'Yorkshire thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Mama Mia - classic Abba song or Yorkshire kid telling his Mother he's arrived?

Stephenite

Membå
[QUOTE 3876248, member: 259"]Great![/QUOTE]
Glad you liked it. You have good taste. And there can't be many songs with a Wakefield theme. :smile:

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Glad you liked it. You have good taste. And there can't be many songs with a Wakefield theme. :smile:
Closest I can think of is Aire and Calder by Ultrasound

martint235

Dog on a bike
Let's be fair here. Yorkshire is very close to perfection....... it is right next to Lancashire!!!

When I was a yoof or possibly a kid, Lancashire County Council decided it would be a really good idea to have the Red Rose on all the street signs. Pendle borough which includes Nelson, Colne and some pretty places also includes West Craven which was moved from Yorkshire into Lancashire as part of the '74 (?) boundary changes. They weren't very happy about having the proper rose on their street signs.

classic33

Leg End Member
Let's be fair here. Yorkshire is very close to perfection....... it is right next to Lancashire!!!

When I was a yoof or possibly a kid, Lancashire County Council decided it would be a really good idea to have the Red Rose on all the street signs. Pendle borough which includes Nelson, Colne and some pretty places also includes West Craven which was moved from Yorkshire into Lancashire as part of the '74 (?) boundary changes. They weren't very happy about having the proper rose on their street signs.
Sign from Todmorden, just after the boundary changes were made, by a Lancastrian, on April Fools Day 1974.
1459088.jpg

Top Bottom