Well Done BEACON

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

migmiller

I drove up to do the Sunrise Express yesterday more in hope than expectation as temperatures were well below freezing and there was a stiff breeze. Minor roads were frozen solid and I thought the event was going to be either cancelled or terrifying.

Not the case.

On arrival there is a complete alternative route using A roads available.

We only needed it for the first leg thankfully but without this additional work by the organizers there would have been few participants.

So, a hearty thanks to Beacon for all the extra work and, of course, for their customary perfect organization

Well done

Dave5N

Über Member
The Beacon certainly know how to organise an event. Glad you had a good 'un.

OP
OP
M

migmiller

Macride and Beacon

Did the Sunrise and the Clockwise last year, both immaculately organized.

Robgul sent word dump of maps to me and through this I found that he was organising MACRIDE round about Stratford in September.

There were three distances 25, 50 and 63 (71 actually)

This again was brilliantly organised but will not likely become an Audax due to organisational complications.

I do thoroughly recommend you keep a lookout for it

I hope you are now recovered from your ijury

robgul

Legendary Member
migmiller said:
Did the Sunrise and the Clockwise last year, both immaculately organized.

Robgul sent word dump of maps to me and through this I found that he was organising MACRIDE round about Stratford in September.

There were three distances 25, 50 and 63 (71 actually)

This again was brilliantly organised but will not likely become an Audax due to organisational complications.

I do thoroughly recommend you keep a lookout for it

I hope you are now recovered from your ijury

Hey Mig, was that you in the MacRide jersey in the pix I saw of this year's event?

Rob ... and another plug www.macride.org.uk

OP
OP
M

migmiller

Hi Rob

No that was Mark who was with me at the Macride

I need to lose a few pounds before the next one so I can get back into the jersey

Thought I'd give you a plug now to get it on people's radar as it is excellent and for a great cause

Dave5N

Über Member
The Beacon do organise superb events.

Pleased this worked out so well despite the cold. Shame it clashed with the local racing. But then the Beacon aren't really a 'cross club.

Top Bottom