Well here goes! I must be mad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timmcp

Opened the curtains this morning expecting a little cloud, warm breeze and the odd glimpse of the sun :blush:
Ideal for a 60 mile charity bike ride (Liverpool-Chester-Liverpool) plus a little extra to ride there, but oh no its cold and wet!

But its for charity and I am sure the people I am raising money for would just love to only be concerned with wet and cold weather, so here goes, see you all in how ever long it takes!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Good Luck ... a quick look at the rain radar confirms your view out the window...
sad.gif
but go and enjoy the day with the others that are mad enough to do it anyway
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
timmcp

timmcp

Well all done, 59 miles in total in 4hrs 3 mins, totally chuffed I got round in one piece.

Practically rained all the way round until 5 miles from the end when the rain stopped and the sun started to break through. Was very well attended so there are plenty of people mad enough to do the charity run as well :biggrin:

Well done..

I got about 7 miles out, hit by rain and some rare old wind so made my ride out a nice quick 14 miles...not too bad since it was a "there and back to see how far it is" sort of ride

Wouldn't have fancied doing 40 never mind 60 today

gazmercer

Yeah was bloody horrible this morning. Was freezing by the time we set off. Sun cracking the flags when I got back to Liverpool.

63 miles in total for me as I cycled from home to Liverpool prior to the event.

Was my first time doing an event like this and managed it in about 3hr 40mins. Going through the tunnel at near 40mph was quite an experience too.

Shame a couple of the Marshalls couldn't give a toss, one was too busy rolling a fag to inform people where to go.

Oh, and what was with that really narrow path that followed the railway lines.

Got a free water bottle and puncture repair kit in Chester, then got soaked again.

All in all a good day that I would gladly do again

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Congratulations to you both  :thumbsup:

Yous will forget the bad points (the weather) and remember the good points (Like that final 100 meters to the finish) and I guess you both will do the same event next year (should it be on)

Right lads it's a well earned  :cheers: for you both this evening 

It's my turn mext month on the GNBR  :bicycle:

Norm

gazmercer

Congratulations to you both :thumbsup:

Yous will forget the bad points (the weather) and remember the good points (Like that final 100 meters to the finish) and I guess you both will do the same event next year (should it be on)

Right lads it's a well earned :cheers: for you both this evening

It's my turn mext month on the GNBR :bicycle:

Thanks Norman, I have a nice beer chilling ready for later. A Rhymney Dark, yum. Oh and good luck to you too!!

Norm

OP
OP
timmcp

timmcp

Shame a couple of the Marshalls couldn't give a toss, one was too busy rolling a fag to inform people where to go.

Oh, and what was with that really narrow path that followed the railway lines.

:biggrin: I know I had one marshall just sitting in his car with the window down a little and an arm just pointing over the car roof to turn left, looked more like he was making an obscene gesture.

Yes that single track path, I know when we got to it the gate at the top kept closing, the backlog of cyclist must have been a few hundred meters back, one cyclist at a time could go through, it was crazy.

And good luck Norm, hope the weather was a little better than today!

Top Bottom