"Well, How much room do you want?!"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
Is what I got asked after signalling to some flat bed small lorry driver to give more room.

I knew the overtake was coming so it didn't really bother me, but it was about 10 seconds before a roundabout (where I caught him up) and pretty close so I did a push out signal.

As I cruised up to the roundabout he opened his window to ask. I told him to read the highway code as it's the same as a car. He then blamed me for not gutter hugging....if I want more room, get closer to the kerb :biggrin:.

He claimed to have given me a meter which I think was a bit of a generous assumption. As we were outside the Police station my parting words were we could go in there if he fancied discussing it further :biggrin:...I'm sure they'd of had a copy of the highway code lying around somewhere.

It's a shame there wasn't more traffic on the roundabout so we could of continued our chat. I'm sure he hasn't realised that he could of waited behind me quite happily without taking any longer. Neither of us were aggressive or rude about it, it's just a shame he is still ignorant to the needs of cyclists.

Bman

Guru
Useless without video :biggrin:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Bongman said:
Useless without video :biggrin:

No video I'm afraid. Was just on way back from short club ride (aka. let's do a couple of miles and get some chips) so didn't bother with the camera.

It didn't really bother me the overtake as I knew it was coming. I could of taken primary but I had the feeling he'd try getting past anyway so couldn't be bothered with added agro. Had there been a pot hole or something it would have been much harder to avoid it (and seriously, some roads around here, the first meter is terrible atm!).

I did the pushing out more for his future benefit. If he passed me like that with a bit of speed (rather than slow due to all the street furniture) I'd of bitten his ear off when I caught him up.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
thomas said:
And an orange and lemonade....it would of been a pint but I wasn't quite feeling it after a late night last night :biggrin:

Is your club taking new members?

I had this with a taxi driver....he asked me how much room I wanted and I said lots.

He stopped after I blew the horn at him.

What a stupid effing question though.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Bollo said:
Is your club taking new members?

We are, but you'll have to become a student at UEA first....and then it's another £35 for membership + stupid sports insurance. :biggrin:

hackbike 666 said:
I had this with a taxi driver....he asked me how much room I wanted and I said lots.

He stopped after I blew the horn at him.

What a stupid effing question though.

hehe. I'm waiting to say something like "6 inches may be plenty for your missus, but I prefer a good few meters" :biggrin:;)

Remember .... the advised distance is three feet.

That is the equivalent of 6 (average) penii

Now assume they are working from their own reference material and work it out in reverse!

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Cunobelin said:
Remember .... the advised distance is three feet.

That is the equivalent of 6 (average) penii

Now assume they are working from their own reference material and work it out in reverse!

More like 6 feet, if you say that's about average for a width of a car.

Top Bottom