Well I am exhausted at looking at new Bikes...Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ejb

I have looked at so many now I have brain freeze..all i want is a value for money Hybrid up to £450.00. Can I have your recommendations please...I have a few in mind but would welcome your choices, it might help me decide.

Many thanks

MikeW-71

Veteran
What will you be using it for? Commuting/light touring? Fitness/leisure riding? That will determine what kind of bike will suit you best.

However:
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/escape.2/19208/77307/#specifications

That would meet the needs of both. Sturdy enough (and has rack mounts) for commuting and some touring, and not overly heavy. :smile:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Where in the country are you? You could ask around on here and see if local people own hybrids that might interest you. You really should see/feel/ride the bikes in the flesh, not just online.

I have looked at so many now I have brain freeze..all i want is a value for money Hybrid up to £450.00. Can I have your recommendations please...I have a few in mind but would welcome your choices, it might help me decide.

Many thanks
Specialized Sirrus would get my vote. It's a nice bit of kit.

JMAG

Über Member

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Look at the mechanics. Would advise something with either Claris or Sora shifters, Claris or Sora front and rear derailleurs and a Claris or Sora chainset. If you get those parts on a reasonably light frame, you should be fine. Test ride if you can as well, as you may find you don't like the seating position and might prefer roadbike or MTB. Road will offer you more hand positions.

vickster

Legendary Member
What will you be using it for? Commuting/light touring? Fitness/leisure riding? That will determine what kind of bike will suit you best.

However:
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/escape.2/19208/77307/#specifications

That would meet the needs of both. Sturdy enough (and has rack mounts) for commuting and some touring, and not overly heavy. :smile:

Here's his first post

Okay so I am a new to this, I have been looking for a replacement for my stolen Bike.

I am after a Hybrid, the Carrera Crossfire 3, I was about to purchase, until my Mrs said about the Ride to Work scheme.
I have a few disabilities and I hope that somone may be able to help me with choosing a new bike. I have a partial knee replacement which is uncomfortable, gives way and locks at times, and also a neck problem, I want the cycle for regular exercise looking at using about 3-4 journeys of 12 miles for work and a couple of approx 15 miles exercise per week.

I would dearly appriciate any suggestions.

Ejb

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/advice-please.175563/

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
Trek FX, Cannondale Quick, Specialized Sirrus, Marin Fairfax - all of these have models around your price range, and I imagine they are all very similar in specification and quality.

Top Bottom