Well man tablets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
As in all vitamin supplements, there will only be a benefit if you have an otherwise impoverished diet. I suspect you don't and I suspect that when you step up to the gents urinal these days you pee pee is a vivid yellow colour? That's what you are paying for.

ChrisKH

Guru
Not entirely true IMO, othewise professional racers wouldn't charge themselves with Vitamins and supplements. I thought walker does a bit of racing so he may benefit from a supplement. As you say his diet could be deficient somewhere. Then there's the placebo effect. I'd just as soon take one than not.

OP
OP
walker

walker

domtyler said:
As in all vitamin supplements, there will only be a benefit if you have an otherwise impoverished diet. I suspect you don't and I suspect that when you step up to the gents urinal these days you pee pee is a vivid yellow colour? That's what you are paying for.

My urine is usually quite clear, unless its a caffine filled day then it goes a little yellow.

steve23

i did take them, but i didnt really notice any difference.

as has been said, placebo is a very strong thing!

ASC1951

Guru
ChrisKH said:
Not entirely true IMO, othewise professional racers wouldn't charge themselves with Vitamins and supplements.

I'd just as soon take one than not.
Professional sportsmen are hardly an example of scientific rationality. They are well known for bizarre rituals and superstitions and the margins of success are so small that most of them will take any supplement or potion if they are told, or convince themselves, that it will make a difference.

There is a £squillion industry which relies entirely on the 'it doesn't hurt to be sure' proposition. Except for the very few with deficient diets - which they would be better addressing, rather than taking pills - it's money down the urinal.

col

Legendary Member
You only have to look at the supplement shops,that are selling everything at half or less price,says a lot doesnt it?

stevenb

Someone recommended Well Man tablets last year when I had terrible trouble sleeping (such as Im having thesedays again). I keep fit. I eat healthy I dont drink alcohol, I drink only 3-4 cups or tea a day (weekends otherwise 1-2 weekdays), the odd cup of coffee.
I'd be interested to know if they help 'pick you up'.....for sure.

TBH any sportsperson needs more than the RDA of Vits etc etc so taking on additional supplements might not be very noticeable physically but Im sure there are subtle benefits unnoticed within your body.

Top Bottom