Well that was different.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
This morning i went out on to Stonegate Road litter picking.i love where i live,but sadly we have morons who do not care.On my way to the dentist yesterday i noticed two broken bottles near a bus stop.So today armed with a shovel sweeping brush and bin liner i went and swept it up.Now we have a lovely group of people here in Meanwood who like me love this area they live in.I had also noticed bags of empty beer cans hurled in a grassed area.I intended to pick them up too.So i asked on the community FB where could i find a industrial bin to dump this stuff in.I did not want to separate the stuff i had no idea where it came from or what else was insid
Well one of our local eateries The Hungry Bear told me i could put my bin liner in their bins.Super.So after sweeping up two lots of glass even inside the bus shelter.i headed in to the little wooded grassed area.My word i have never seen so many different cans and bottles outside of a pub/cafe restaurant collection area..Someone must have had a party then just threw the lot in the bushes.Dirty scum,so when i got to the Hungry Bear i had three bags of crap.I am now thinking of getting a long grabber and doing it on a regular basis.good for the exercise for the diabetes and i clean up our area.What's not good about that.Wombles who are they.Wombling Postman.I need a song.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes my neighbours and I pick up litter every day in our road. People are disgusting.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Bizzarely, despite living in an urban shitehole of a town where littering is fairly rife, the streets in the area around where I live are remarkably tidy. I think this is because the residents quickly pick up anything that does get discarded and pop it straight in the nearest bin (which, coincidentally, is what the dirty fekkers that dropped it could easily do :ninja:).
We don't have to live in shite if we don't want to, good work people :okay:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Bizzarely, despite living in an urban shitehole of a town where littering is fairly rife, the streets in the area around where I live are remarkably tidy. I think this is because the residents quickly pick up anything that does get discarded and pop it straight in the nearest bin (which, coincidentally, is what the dirty fekkers that dropped it could easily do :ninja:).
We don't have to live in shite if we don't want to, good work people :okay:
Not sure what the community does in the town as there is no need. We had a very diligent street sweeper who cleared any rubbish. When he retired we got a new young lad who has clearly taken the reins and is equally good. Outside the town it is different and a lot of local residents pick up rubbish left behind and there are also fairly regular clean ups of beaches but every tide brings in more. Interesting to see if there is any change with lack of tourists. One big problem in places like Croggan just south of Craignure is human faeces. One resident complained that there was a pile behind every tree. He blamed wild campers and campervans with no toilets.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Well done :bravo:

They keep advertising on my local fb group to litter pick in various locations, two issues i have, 1) i pay council tax for the council to provide the service, and 2) and this gets my goat even more 2) after the litter as been picked and left bagged in neat piles, even after the council as been informed they can't be arsed to collect the bagged litter for weeks and by then it as either been re distributed or complaints made about the pile of litter.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Many years ago when I lived in a place called Summerseat, near Ramsbottom, a new estate was built on the hill above the village. There's a lovely cobbled path that was built to take workers from the big mill to and from Rammy but by the time the estate was finished the hedge alongside the path was choked with plastic debris blown over from the building site. My climbing buddy and I went out one day and collected five large bin bags of rubbish, which we took pleasure in stacking neatly outside the fancy sales office of the estate builder.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Jannie and I were out this afternoon collecting litter on our Bromptons. The whole village will go out in dribs and drabs. We will soon get it sorted. ^_^

Globalti

Legendary Member
Two supermarket bags full of mostly PET bottles and cans from a 300 yard stretch of our street this morning. Two of the bottles and one can of energy drink were unopened! WTF is wrong with people?

Good work, postman.
In happier times, we participate in regular beach clean/litter picks, which are a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours by the sea.
Re litter picker tools, Poundland have them from time to time, though I don't know if they are stocked at the moment. We have a couple of them that work well enough for the job...

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Good work, postman.
In happier times, we participate in regular beach clean/litter picks, which are a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours by the sea.
Re litter picker tools, Poundland have them from time to time, though I don't know if they are stocked at the moment. We have a couple of them that work well enough for the job...

Now thank you for reading the post,and telling me about the Poundland grabber,we have a local Poundland and only last week before self isolating i saw them on sale at £2-99 not sure if they were strong enough,i might take a chance and go buy one,thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom