Well, that's put a dampener on things!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Condolences MDB.

Our first dog took his last trip to the vets last October, aged about 15 (can't be certain as he came from a rescue home aged about 1, so his exact details were unknown).

He had been pretty fit for his age, until about the last couple of weeks, where his heart just gave out, and our nosy, noisy restless dog became a real invalid. Sad to see and sadder to have to take him to the vets that last time, but it was for the best.

I do still get "withdrawal symptoms" when I see a cute dog being walked......

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
They thought he was 12 he was a rescue too, so we will never really know.

We are not going to get another dog for now as we still have Cindy, and she's more that enough! (my parents took her to a dog show/fun day today and she won 4th place in the Best Rescue Dog competition out of a large line up of dogs. Her 3 legs help for cuteness factor.
Being a Staffy she was so excited that she has tired herself out now, which makes a change from her bouncing off the walls).

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Sorry to hear that, MDB. My 19yr-old cat had to be put down in April after her health deteriorated badly over a couple of weeks. Taking her to the vets and being there as she went was the hardest thing I've ever done, and it left a huge hole in my life.

Happily, I got a new cat 3 weeks ago from the same place that my previous cat came from 19 years ago - the Edinburgh Cat Protection League - and she's cheered us up after instantly taking to me and my daughter. There's been no shyness about her, and she's a little attention-seeker. Ignore her and she'll grab your hand with a paw and pull it over to have her head rubbed!

4791361168_98baee2949.jpg

bauldbairn

Happily, I got a new cat 3 weeks ago from the same place that my previous cat came from 19 years ago - the Edinburgh Cat Protection League - and she's cheered us up after instantly taking to me and my daughter. There's been no shyness about her, and she's a little attention-seeker. Ignore her and she'll grab your hand with a paw and pull it over to have her head rubbed!

4791361168_98baee2949.jpg

Very cute she is too! :smile:

.....no name? :wacko:

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
I know how hard it is to lose a family pet. I had a dog die of distemper when I was very young, a cat that got run over that died instantly with a broken neck (At least she didn't suffer) Another cat that died of cat flu, also another cat that just died over the night. A dog that ran away and was never seen again

I will always remember them as they were all very cute and full of life and love.

I currently have an Alsation/Collie cross named Simba aged 12, 13 in a few months. He is still very puppyish and fit and healthy except his front leg sometimes gives way and he trips up. He is my best friend.

So just remember your dog Bruno and keep him in your heart.

postman

Legendary Member
Going to try and help with 'shrinking' your picture .To use on here .

In the google box type in shrink pictures .Then click on resize images online.It's free and easy .I can use it ,so it must be easy .hope this helps .

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Just found this that my Parents/Sister had done ages ago:

http://www.doggysnap...uno/?PID=216979

Shuggie is my Dad, Hugh by the way (although, why they have put up Shuggie, I don't know as we have never called him that in his life!).

The main picture of Bruno in the kitchen with his big bat ears at full deployment was an experient by me using a Tungsten filter under flourecent lighting, hence the slight colour cast (but my parents seem to seize the picture almost as soon as I had taken it, so it has become an official picture of Bruno despite the fact it's an odd colour!).

Also, perhaps my screen is a bit dark, but I'm sure the one of Bruno and Cindy was lighter and you could actually see the detail on Cindy!

Anyway, this is Cindy:

http://www.doggysnap...5989&PID=452298

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I know how hard it is to lose a family pet. I had a dog die of distemper when I was very young, a cat that got run over that died instantly with a broken neck (At least she didn't suffer) Another cat that died of cat flu, also another cat that just died over the night. A dog that ran away and was never seen again

I think I can see a pattern emerging here :smile:

I will always remember them as they were all very cute and full of life and love.

I currently have an Alsation/Collie cross named Simba aged 12, 13 in a few months. He is still very puppyish and fit and healthy except his front leg sometimes gives way and he trips up. He is my best friend.

I hope you have more happy years with him.

Luckily Bruno went very quickly - one day he was down the town on a walk to the shops, finding old bits of food as he always did, quite the thing, the next he could hardly walk without falling over (although he could still go and sniff things on the pavement of course! :rolleyes::laugh:)

So just remember your dog Bruno and keep him in your heart.

Beleive me, we will!

I was in London on Wednesday there and I imagined he was with me at certain points.

I promised my daughter she could name her, and then wished I hadn't. She wanted 'Midnight' (which I think should only be for pure black cats).

So Midnight it is (or 'Midi' for short).

Seeing as your cat is black AND white, it could be midnight on a night with a full moon, with the light filtering down through the leaves of trees, with it bathing everything in a beautiful, delicate white light and with it picking out all the clouds in the sky and vapour trails from planes against the velvety darkness of the sky, stars twinkling for added effect.

Now, with that image in your head, look at the picture of your cat again

Suddenly the name seem a bit more poetic, and therefore makes the perceived stupidness of your Daughter's choice null and void! (and suddenly shifts it onto your seeming embarrassment of the name - you couldn't even tell us :wacko:).

...Just watch out for the Werewolves though!

Oh, and as for when it's not a full moon??
Well, the white can be the headlights of cars approaching Midnight instead! :laugh:

bauldbairn

Seeing as your cat is black AND white, it could be midnight on a night with a full moon, with the light filtering down through the leaves of trees, with it bathing everything in a beautiful, delicate white light and with it picking out all the clouds in the sky and vapour trails from planes against the velvety darkness of the sky, stars twinkling for added effect.

Now, with that image in your head, look at the picture of your cat again

Suddenly the name seem a bit more poetic, and therefore makes the perceived stupidness of your Daughter's choice null and void! (and suddenly shifts it onto your seeming embarrassment of the name - you couldn't even tell us :wacko:).

+1 :biggrin:......that's what I thought - that "goo mason" chaps got no imagination! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nice pictures of Bruno and Cindy by the way! :smile:

Bruno looked a proper character and Cindy looks a right cutey. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Just found this that my Parents/Sister had done ages ago:

http://www.doggysnap...uno/?PID=216979

Shuggie is my Dad, Hugh by the way (although, why they have put up Shuggie, I don't know as we have never called him that in his life!).

The main picture of Bruno in the kitchen with his big bat ears at full deployment was an experient by me using a Tungsten filter under flourecent lighting, hence the slight colour cast (but my parents seem to seize the picture almost as soon as I had taken it, so it has become an official picture of Bruno despite the fact it's an odd colour!).

Also, perhaps my screen is a bit dark, but I'm sure the one of Bruno and Cindy was lighter and you could actually see the detail on Cindy!

Anyway, this is Cindy:

http://www.doggysnap...5989&PID=452298

The pictures look FAR better on my laptop I've just discovered.

We have Bruno's ashes and will scatter them up at Loch Lomond where he liked to swim soon.

.....Better than the car park at ASDA where he liked to scavenge!! :biggrin:

Top Bottom