Well, this is my "hello" thread!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seryth

Hello everyone!
Nice to join the forums, I've had a bit of a browse and it all looks very organized and nice round here!

My name's Jacob, but I go by the internet 'nick' of Seryth...amongst others. I'm a 15 year old guy (so so close to being 16, I turn 16 on November the 19th!) who has a strong interest in cycling, technology, sport, and art. That said, this is a cycling forum and I don't want to start rambling about my other hobbies, so I try to stay "on track", bwahah!
I live in South Devon, and cycle everywhere; my family doesn't have a car, so we rely on bikes (and/or public transport) to travel around, which is glorious in all these hills! When I was younger, I was much more into mountain biking, but over time I've migrated to road - I've now got a decent road bike with a Reynolds 531 frame, and cycle time trials against myself.
I have a cat called Breezy.
If you have any questions, just ask!

-Seryth

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Hi Seryth, welcome from up in London.

I'm an ex MTB (sometime returning) and roadie myself.

I think both have distinct merits.

Enjoy

Octet

Veteran
Welcome to the forums Seryth. Like you I started off with a mountain bike but switched to a road bike and am loving it!

OP
OP
Seryth

Seryth

Welcome to the forums Seryth. Like you I started off with a mountain bike but switched to a road bike and am loving it!
Me too! I went on a trip round France at the beginning of this summer, cycled ~400 miles, 40 miles a day - one day I did 50! Was great fun!

Dayvo: Yup, I am! I'm currently quite busy with school though, but during holidays/weekends I'm trying to ride as much as possible!

Octet

Veteran
Dayvo: Yup, I am! I'm currently quite busy with school though, but during holidays/weekends I'm trying to ride as much as possible!

I'm at Sixth Form so one year above you, and I find that cycling an hour or so after school each day keeps the cycling tendencies at bay until the weekend.

OP
OP
Seryth

Seryth

I'm at Sixth Form so one year above you, and I find that cycling an hour or so after school each day keeps the cycling tendencies at bay until the weekend.
Yeah, well I ride to/from school almost every day, and also from where I live into the nearest town (~2mi), so I do manage to keep cycling!

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Welcome Seryth, and it's nice to see a "young un" is adhering to "keep it real, keep it steel"....:welcome:

Top Bottom