Went for a ride this morning...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Until this morning, the longest ride I had done was about 16 miles.

I left the house at 7:30 this morning with every intention of doing about the same, but got carried away when I got to Sandbanks Ferry... thought 'what the hell' and bought a one way ticket. Ended up with a 38 mile loop around Poole Harbour, including two 12% climbs over the Purbecks
wacko.gif

Even managed a flat sprint of 35mph on the way home.

Legs ache a bit, but I feel
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Definitely a rest day tomorrow.

Got lots of lovely data on my new Garmin gadget too, although I think I may have got some interference somewhere as I recorded a max speed of 55.1mph
ohmy.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 14
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 12
That seems like a lot of fun!

I left the house at 7:30 this morning with every intention of doing about the same, but got carried away when I got to Sandbanks Ferry... thought 'what the hell' and bought a one way ticket. Ended up with a 38 mile loop around Poole Harbour, including two 12% climbs over the Purbecks
wacko.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Got lots of lovely data on my new Garmin gadget too, although I think I may have got some interference somewhere as I recorded a max speed of 55.1mph
ohmy.gif

nice one that was some jump :smile: My furthest is 15 at the moment but cycling is secondary to my running so I have to keep some thing in the tank for my run the following day least thats my excuse ;)

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 12
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 10

rh100

Could that be the speed of the ferry? Was your Garmin stil on? if so i reckon its that.

jay

Sandbanks ferry aint that quick, I've been on it and seen windsurfers pootle past :smile: It's a chain pulled jobby, but a very pleasant journey though.

rh100

wacko.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif

Nice one, especialy those climbs in Purbeck.

How did you get on with the Garmin? I looked down at mine yesterday, to be told my average speed was about 3000mph and I'd travelled about 4000miles or something rediculous. The problem with that is that unless you reset the trip odometer, you have no idea how your average is going for the rest of the trip, suppose i could just reset it and have two data files. When i uploaded to the PC though it all looked ok, no spikes, either the garmin site filtered it out or it was just a quirk on the unit.

I've been increasing mileages too lately, last couple have been 35 miles Monday and a 30 mile yesterday, I must be getting fitter as not too achy the day after,but i'm starting to find where the bike fit problems are, numb fingers will hopefully be resolved with some new ergon grips fitted today and new Specialized gel gloves,might have a trip tomorrow to try it out.

Well done, keep it up.

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 13
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 11
OP
OP
amnesia

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Nice one, especialy those climbs in Purbeck.

How did you get on with the Garmin? I looked down at mine yesterday, to be told my average speed was about 3000mph and I'd travelled about 4000miles or something rediculous. The problem with that is that unless you reset the trip odometer, you have no idea how your average is going for the rest of the trip, suppose i could just reset it and have two data files. When i uploaded to the PC though it all looked ok, no spikes, either the garmin site filtered it out or it was just a quirk on the unit.

I've been increasing mileages too lately, last couple have been 35 miles Monday and a 30 mile yesterday, I must be getting fitter as not too achy the day after,but i'm starting to find where the bike fit problems are, numb fingers will hopefully be resolved with some new ergon grips fitted today and new Specialized gel gloves,might have a trip tomorrow to try it out.

Well done, keep it up.

I think the software filtered out the 55mph on mine too - I can't see any spike that big in the data.
I also noticed that I need some gel mitts... my thumbs kinda went numb from riding mostly on the hoods for 2.5 hours.

Going to get myself some dhb road shoes too - my MTB ones will be relegated to the commute to work.

Anyway - all good and looking forwards to next weekend's ride
biggrin.gif

Arch

Married to Night Train
Could that be the speed of the ferry? Was your Garmin stil on? if so i reckon its that.

jay

That would be quite some ferry - remember it takes 90 minutes to do Dover-Calais - that's under 30 miles. Even high speed ferries only do about 40mph...

Anyway, well done on the long ride Amnesia! Double what you plan, and then a bit, is good going!

Benthedoon

Thats a good little ride! I've a few 15/16 milers and a couple of 20's under my belt but I'm going to push for 30+ in the morning.
I'll be jumping in a cold bath afterwards to try and reduce the aches and pains, it works suprisingly well but I don't like it.

wacko.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif

That nice ride around Poole harbour area, did you go over into Swanage or hang a right at Studland and follow the B3351 to Norden ?

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 11
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 14

jayonabike