West Sussex bike service?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Degsie73

Regular
Having recently purchased a road bike online, was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent LBS to service it at?
Have tried Evans in crawley perviously (not very impressed) and don't much like the look of new shop in Horsham which appears to be just a Trek showroom. Has anyone used South Downs Cycles in storrington?

vickster

Legendary Member
@GrumpyGregry is down in those parts :smile:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
South Downs are good. Southwater Cycles (now in middle of nowhere) are good. AD Cycles of Horsham are very good as are Evans at the Gatwick showroom. Not tried the new shop in Horsham though they are friendly chaps. Freeborn are better than most especially if you are a gnarly dude with a rad bike. There's also a mobile mechanic with a good rep.

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
If you can push just into the border with East Hampshire I recommend Owen's Cycles, Steep. They've been my family's LBS for 20 years and have done us all sterling service. My new bike came from them a few months ago and their staff and service are still as good as they've always been.

Onyer

Two excellent shops in Cranleigh - Pedal and Spokes in the middle of the village, and Beyond Mountain Bikes at Smithbrook Kilns just outside the village on the A281. Southwater Cycles near Wisborough Green are also very friendly and seem knowledgeable, but I have not used them.

I bought my first proper bike from SouthDownsBikes (SDBs) six years ago and continue to use them.
Like many places, somewhere is only as good as the staff you deal with. SDBs seem to have weeded out the least good people and the service people seem to be very good. Nick, who has been there for years, is excellent. Not sure about the new guy, Phil, who is the service manager.
Overall, I would recommend them.

OP
OP
Degsie73

Degsie73

Regular
Cheers for all the replies, decided to drop mine in at A D Cycles Horsham as am regularly passing by - having a service and new cassette fitted (seemed like nice chaps in there)!

Having recently purchased a road bike online, was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent LBS to service it at?

Surely Keen bikers service their own bikes still or have I missed the plot somewhere along the way of getting old - I learnt before I was 14 to strip and rebuild my own bikes , and having retired I am still building my own bikes and trikes now . ( that was almost half a century ago ! )
A decent bike stand and tools probably cost the same as a couple of services -
What price is experience - is what I have always been taught

regards

Top Bottom