West Sussex County Council are just so caring about cyclists...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Northgate, Chichester...

Tax payers' money wasted on this shite.

but as we know, all cyclists in West Sussex are poor and don't vote Tory.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
That is one cycle lane that I would avoid. :cursing:

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
And their senior cycle bloke rides flat footed. A bit like having Lewis Hamilton crunching the gears in his Mums Fiesta.
00:42 He seems to have street shoes on and spd-sl pedals! Probably didn't want to look too much like a cyclist but it may account for his ungainly pedalling style....

Profpointy

Legendary Member
That is utter pants !

Pity the council didn't "think bike" Now any cyclist on the actual road, who strangely, doesn't want to be left hooked will get beeped at for being in the way.

FFS!

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
That is utter pants !

Pity the council didn't "think bike" Now any cyclist on the actual road, who strangely, doesn't want to be left hooked will get beeped at for being in the way.

FFS!
The majority of the cyclists injured (one of the local traffic guys is a mate) were using the red cycle lane. Yep. So rather than accept it is shoot, and redesign it, simply paint it a different colour and add some distracting signs on the other side of the carriageway from where the cyclists are.

I'm not a local but have ridden it a fair old bit over the years and have driven round it and walked across it and have never heard a cycle lane ignoring rider get beeped.

but then I habitually ignore WSCC cycle lanes. Some aren't even wide enough for my mtb's handlebars!

Tim Hall

There's a similar one in East Grinstead, down by the station. WSCC again. Crap again. Here's a clue: If you have to try to mitigate risk by painting tarmac a funny colour, you've probably got it wrong.

(That senior cycle trainer bloke should, if he's going to bother wearing a Magic Hat, at least do the straps up tighter)

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
There's a similar one in East Grinstead, down by the station. WSCC again. Crap again. Here's a clue: If you have to try to mitigate risk by painting tarmac a funny colour, you've probably got it wrong.

(That senior cycle trainer bloke should, if he's going to bother wearing a Magic Hat, at least do the straps up tighter)
He and I have crossed swords over that exact issue. He advocates, forcefully*, to those he trains that they should wear plastic potties on their heads and yet one good sneeze and his would be off his head.

*I was told it is a condition of his employment....

Top Bottom