west wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Lardyboy said:
I'm the closest according to the map, but I know that 515mm is closer than me, and possibly theclaud?

You're a bit closer - I'm Swansea, near the Mumbles. I was just PMing someone to say we might have enough people for a Wales-wide leg of the jersey relay. Anyone interested? Good avatar, by the way...

theclaud said:
You're a bit closer - I'm Swansea, near the Mumbles. I was just PMing someone to say we might have enough people for a Wales-wide leg of the jersey relay. Anyone interested? Good avatar, by the way...

<Patrick considers announcing over the breakfast table, "I'm just nipping out dear, to take a cycling jersey off a woman I met on the internet.">

LLB

theclaud said:

Sorry can you speak a bit more clearly.

After three - 'Look ewe, that's lovely' :angry:

papercorn2000

My mum's from Goginan - a few miles East of Aberystwyth and I still have family in the area. My Dad did History and Welsh at Aberystwyth in the late 50's, early 60's.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
linfordlunchbox said:
Sorry can you speak a bit more clearly.

After three - 'Look ewe, that's lovely' :angry:

Sorry to disappoint, but I just sound like a middle-class English bird, albeit with a few Welshisms in my vocabulary. "Mind" at the end of sentences, and the incredibly versatile "there we are, then" are my favourite acquisitions.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Patrick Stevens said:
<Patrick considers announcing over the breakfast table, "I'm just nipping out dear, to take a cycling jersey off a woman I met on the internet.">

I was thinking there might be more than one stage between Llangollen and the Gower! Am I right in thinking Plax isn't far away from you? Am I also right in thinking Plax is a woman, or have I just put my foot in it? I am occasionally in Mold for work, but rarely by bicycle. Having said that, South to North Wales by bicycle can't possibly be any slower than the train...

LLB

theclaud said:
Sorry to disappoint, but I just sound like a middle-class English bird, albeit with a few Welshisms in my vocabulary. "Mind" at the end of sentences, and the incredibly versatile "there we are, then" are my favourite acquisitions.

I know you aren't local to the area theclaud, I always thought you were a middle class burd :angry:. I'll bet you can hear a pin drop when you go into a strange pub and order a drink ;)

Are you 3 stone heavier now after partaking in all the Lardy cakes since immersing yourself in local culture ?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
linfordlunchbox said:
I know you aren't local to the area theclaud, I always thought you were a middle class burd :angry:. I'll bet you can hear a pin drop when you go into a strange pub and order a drink ;)

Are you 3 stone heavier now after partaking in all the Lardy cakes since immersing yourself in local culture ?

You lose your bet then, Lunchster. I pulled pints at my local for a couple of years, and am a relatively familiar nuisance in all the decent boozers round here. Besides, it's the edge of the Gower - middle-class English people are ten a penny...

I love lardy cake, as it happens, but haven't seen much of it round here. I thought it came from Wiltshire?

LLB

theclaud said:
You lose your bet then, Lunchster. I pulled pints at my local for a couple of years, and am a relatively familiar nuisance in all the decent boozers round here. Besides, it's the edge of the Gower - middle-class English people are ten a penny...

I love lardy cake, as it happens, but haven't seen much of it round here. I thought it came from Wiltshire?

There used to be a cake shop on the main drag in Gorseinon which sold them, but yes they did originate from there apparently. We have Drippers up this way which are even more calorific :angry:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
linfordlunchbox said:
There used to be a cake shop on the main drag in Gorseinon which sold them, but yes they did originate from there apparently. We have Drippers up this way which are even more calorific ;)

Is that made with beef dripping? :smile: This kind of food is unfashionable, I know, but I love it. Any it always strikes me as a good idea for cyclists to find foodstuffs that pack ridiculous amounts of calories into a small space, but that aren't some kind of disgusting lurid gel...

LLB

theclaud said:
Is that made with beef dripping? ;) This kind of food is unfashionable, I know, but I love it. Any it always strikes me as a good idea for cyclists to find foodstuffs that pack ridiculous amounts of calories into a small space, but that aren't some kind of disgusting lurid gel...

Could be :smile:

theclaud said:

I'm doing the Autumn Epic on October 5th. If the jersey is going to be participating or is in the area I could collect it and start a Welsh leg?

Top Bottom