Wet garlic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
They was banging on about it in the observer mag yesterday. Is it what they're calling early or spring garlic these days?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Kirstie said:
Is wet garlic just garlic you dig up before the bulb is fully formed or is it something else? If it is then I have a garden full of the stuff!

So do I... the leaves have just started to discolour at the tips. I did try pulling some up a month or two ago when I ran out of garlic ... but it just looked like a scallion - no bulb on it what so ever - used it anyway:biggrin:.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
upsidedown said:
Is it worksafe non-stinky garlic ?
People at work used to complain about the garlic on my breath (I eat it nearly every day). I thought that was a bit rich coming from people with awful dog breath, stale beer breath, stale cigarettes breath, stale coffee breath (whatever)... :hello:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The garlic I planted several years back continues to grow each year (I've never re-planted) but always seems to rot in the ground before it "should" be ready... perhaps I'll just impress Observer-reading visitors by banging on about my 'wet' garlic :hello:
Then I'll slip on my Birkenstocks (oh no, that was last year) :biggrin:

We've been puzzling over that name for some time now. Is that Riverford you get your box from, Mickle? We get the same and we don't know why Riverford call it that.

Basically a large-ish variety of spring onion, or "salad onion" if you prefer. Very slight garlicky tang but not enough for an anti-social problem. Use it in exactly the same way you would salad onions - don't overdo it. Or you can slice and cook as part of a stir-fry.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Fnaar said:
The garlic I planted several years back continues to grow each year (I've never re-planted) but always seems to rot in the ground before it "should" be ready... perhaps I'll just impress Observer-reading visitors by banging on about my 'wet' garlic :hello:
Then I'll slip on my Birkenstocks (oh no, that was last year) :biggrin:

Yeah it's wet Birkenstocks this year, come Fnarr GET IT RIGHT!

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
661-Pete said:
We've been puzzling over that name for some time now. Is that Riverford you get your box from, Mickle? We get the same and we don't know why Riverford call it that.

Basically a large-ish variety of spring onion, or "salad onion" if you prefer. Very slight garlicky tang but not enough for an anti-social problem. Use it in exactly the same way you would salad onions - don't overdo it. Or you can slice and cook as part of a stir-fry.

Yup, Riverford.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
ColinJ said:
People at work used to complain about the garlic on my breath (I eat it nearly every day). I thought that was a bit rich coming from people with awful dog breath, stale beer breath, stale cigarettes breath, stale coffee breath (whatever)... :smile:

Blimey Col...
Could you face the other way when you're typing...:ohmy:

Keith Oates

Janner
When I worked in London one of the guys said that he and his wife had started taking garlic pills to improve their health. He went on to say that if you just swallowed them whole there was no bad taste and no bad breath smells. The penny dropped when the rest of us in the office said nothing but had large smiles on our faces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Fab Foodie said:
Blimey Col...
Could you face the other way when you're typing...:ohmy:
That's why I work from home now! :wahhey: :hyper:

Keith Oates said:
When I worked in London one of the guys said that he and his wife had started taking garlic pills to improve their health. He went on to say that if you just swallowed them whole there was no bad taste and no bad breath smells. The penny dropped when the rest of us in the office said nothing but had large smiles on our faces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've never understood why somebody would take a garlic pill when they could just eat garlic - it's fantastic stuff! I think the taste is great and I like the smell of it. Even coming off other people it isn't too bad compared to some of the other smells that emanate from them!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
ColinJ said:
I've never understood why somebody would take a garlic pill when they could just eat garlic - it's fantastic stuff!

I take 'em, when I remember to buy some... but I also eat tons of the stuff too! The pills don't make your breath garlicky, if you swallow it before capsule dissolves.

Top Bottom