wet weather

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by stephen.rooke, 7 Aug 2012.

1. stephen.rooke

stephen.rooke Senior Member

its my brthday ina few weeks and my family are asking what i want, thought it would be good to get some good wet weather gear. what stuff do you reccomend as up here in northwales its likely to pour down all winter

2. Ride

Ride Active Member

Hybrid or cyclo-cross fender and rack ready bike with mineral-oil hydraulic disc brakes. This is a good example here.

3. OP
    OP
    stephen.rooke

stephen.rooke Senior Member

was thinking of clothing rather than a new bike :biggrin: already had enough bikes this year :biggrin:

4. Some decent overshoes to keep out all of that rain.:rain:

5. lordloveaduck

lordloveaduck Well-Known Member

6. Monsieur Remings

Monsieur Remings Veteran

Search around deals on winter jackets. I have a Giordana which has lasted me three winters and is still as good as new...http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...id:14695277053&rct=j&q=giordana+winter+jacket

You get the general idea that most should be on sale at this time of year. I'd also recommend a base layer - the ones from Lidl are excellent when they come around but you don't need to spend that much.

I also have one of these but they aren't overly warm, but good in the rain, in not so arctic conditions ...

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=78951

7. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

I look in hope at all these cycling jacket ads., but there is not one with a hood.:sad:
    Sadly the makers of cycle jackets don't seem to realise it rains in the UK.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice