Wetsuit care

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi
I have used my wetsuit a few times now and always rinsed it in the bath inside out and hang out to dry in the shadow. Will never ever wee in it :blush: so Im not concerned about 'funky' odors.
So is the rinse enough or does it need some kind of detergent as well every now and then?

Eoin Rua

A cold water rinse will generally suffice, however there is wetsuit cleaner such as #mce_temp_url#

Also, don't hang it in direct sunlight, or for more than 2 weeks as that can wreck the material in the shoulders

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
In my surfing days we always just washed-em out in the bath with plenty fresh water. One night when late back from the beach I left it in the bath to 'soak' and it scared the sh1t out of my mother when she went for a pee in the middle of the night ....

If you surf, wetsuit pissing is necessary during the winter months. The steam eminating from around the neck and the contented smile from the occupier is a sure sign ....

OP
OP
xxmimixx

xxmimixx

LOL fabfoodie, no-one is getting me in the water in winter unless then want to fight me first!! ^_^

So it seems Im doing the right thing, re rinse in the bath and hang to dry in the shadow :thumbsup: cheers :smile:

Top Bottom