Weve done close overtakes, what about fast ones ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J4CKO

Do you get as rattled by a safe but fast overtake, obviously the closer it gets as well the worse it gets, I got overtaken by some twart in an Audi A5/S5 possibly racing by the looks of it someone in a small red hatch, a Fabia Vrs (Car geek you see) and it really made me jump, I would estimate 80 plus mph. Its a straight, fast country lane and I try to avoid it but usually its fairly quiet and visibility is quite good, he saw me of that I am certain, he wasnt that close, probably 8 feet so moved over a bit but not overly onto the other side.

Anyone else had this, not a "that was a bit fast", more "F*******CK ME THAT WAS MENTALLY FAST"

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
now and again, normally as you said along nice slow winding country roads, the road from ashford to hythe is the worse for me, its a very long, very straight road, thet people canne it down (4 friends died in a car crsah nto to long ago doing that exact thing)

Fly

must of been at least 100mph at night time they didn't move over..
and motor bikes going Mach 2-3 but they usually give plenty room.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
A lot of the overtakes i get on my route are around 60 + mph on open country roads, very rarely they are close but you do not know htey are coming till they are on top of you with the wind noise.

Today i had a close overtake by a green L plate drives, that's a just passed?

Ruddy camerra file decided to corrupt so i can`t upload it.

NigC

cyberknight said:
Today i had a close overtake by a green L plate drives, that's a just passed?

I thought it was supposed to be a green "P", but it might be "L" as well.

Fortunately, my commute doesn't include any roads that double as race tracks. I'm sure the odd person does go mental at times, but so far not while I've been there :sad:

User3143 said:

I give that post a rating of 0.001 out of 10.

snorri said:
Of course, it's an (almost) everyday feature of rural cycling.;)
Three out of four deaths occur on rural roads.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8487056.stm

But that is motorist deaths though? What about cyclists?

I don't have the speed issue on rural roads too much, most people slow down as the passes can be really really close, a few like to push through but we're not talking 60mph here, or even 30mph half the time.

I don't mind the speed on the trunk roads so long as they give me the most amount of room possible (the other lane), other than that yes... I never post the videos really as they don't show much.. FRRRROOOOOOOOOM blurrrrrrrrrrrrrr etc

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Motorbikes at Warp 9 scare the hell out of you as you can't hear them approach some times due to the speed......

Struggling up a climb out of Ribchester, 4 bikes flew past at TT speeds. Yes, I've been to the TT, in case of argumentation:smile: No margin for error. Criminals. On a nearby Ribble Valley road, two went past at probably 80-100. They paused for something (coke?) at a nearby farm road, and were somewhat shy, shuffling and quiet when I challenged them. I'm not anti powered bikes, as my tag implies, but some riders are swine.

User3143 said:
And I give your IQ rating about the same.

''Do you get rattled by fast overtakes?'' Answer No - simples really, an ant could and would understand.

I "rated" your post, not your answer. The post being rather pitiful for a discussion thread.

It seems like most of the stuff you post is there purposely to get a rise or oppose anyone. I wonder if you even have any opinion of your own.

boydj

Legendary Member
drsquirrel said:
I "rated" your post, not your answer. The post being rather pitiful for a discussion thread.

It seems like most of the stuff you post is there purposely to get a rise or oppose anyone. I wonder if you even have any opinion of your own.

Who's doing the winding up here?

boydj said:
Who's doing the winding up here?

Best to look over the content of our previous posts and make your own mind up.

I don't go around posting one word/sentence lines that generally oppose anything anyone says.

drsquirrel said:

You learn quickly.;);)

boydj

Legendary Member
drsquirrel said:
Best to look over the content of our previous posts and make your own mind up.

I don't go around posting one word/sentence lines that generally oppose anything anyone says.

But you do keep rising to the bait - which is not contributing to the discussion.

Top Bottom