What a lovely day today has been

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
today really has been a fantastic day .

ok i didnt wake up early enough for my normal Sat am ride , but we had a great walk around Summer Leys and sat watching the sand martins flying in and out of there new nesting holes in an old brick wall , we must have seen at least 100 coming and goings .

we also noticed the advanced warning signs were up for the Ladies Tour on May 8th coming across Hardwater and up into Wilby so that was good news .

then back home for a quick brew up and then we planted out our runner beans into the raised beds so now at long last the veg plots are starting to come into there own .

after a bite to eat i had an hour to myself whilst the other half was whisked off to have her eye brows done , so into the garage and start the rebuild process of my latest project , managed to find a nice set of vintage Mafac "racer" centre pull calipers with the right amount of drop so thats first hurdle done .

once other half home we carried on in the garden with me mowing the rear lawn whilst she did the weeding on the drive .

then a bit of diy by means of finally putting a mirror up in our room , well it has been waiting 2 or 3 years to go up !

well that was our fantastic day.. hope yours was as good

Not been a bad day here either TBH.

Attended and passed my CSCS Operators test this morning, but it's hardly rocket science TBH.

Then we spent the afternoon with my folks drinking tea and eating cake :mrpig:

Arch

Married to Night Train
NT and I went to a local community centre to help construct some planters and fill them with soil, as part of a clean up scheme, under the Incredible Edible umbrella. The weather, rainy first thing, cleared beautifully, and we had a posse of local kids who helped out, toting buckets of soil.

Then in the afternoon I spotted the first seedlings coming up in our own veg plot.

A casserole from the slow cooker for dinner, washed down with a shandy. Couldn't be better.

Top Bottom